The Economic Thought on Poverty Measurement: From the Nineteenth-Century to the Rediscovering Era
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Walker, Francis Amasa, 1897. "The Causes of Poverty," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 55, pages 210-210, December.
- Hatton, Timothy J & Bailey, Roy E, 1998. "Poverty and the Welfare State in Interwar London," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 574-606, October.
- W. H. Locke Anderson, 1964. "Trickling Down: The Relationship Between Economic Growth and the Extent of Poverty Among American Families," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 78(4), pages 511-524.
- Timothy J. Hatton & Roy >. Bailey, 2000. "Seebohm Rowntree and the postwar poverty puzzle," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 53(3), pages 517-543, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raluca Iorgulescu, 2014. "Poverty, Well-Being And Sustainable Development: Official And Experimental Measures In Postmodern Societies," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 34-41, February.
More about this item
KeywordsApproaches; Poverty Measurement; Techniques;
- B49 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Other
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2008-09-13 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HIS-2008-09-13 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2008-09-13 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inq:inqwps:ecineq2008-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Ana Lugo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecineea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.