Seebohm Rowntree and the Post-War Poverty Puzzle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Hatton, T J & Bailey, R E, 1988.
"Female Labour Force Participation in Interwar Britain,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 695-718, December.
- Hatton, Timothy J., 1986. "Female Labour Force Participation: The Enigma of the Interwar Period," CEPR Discussion Papers 113, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hatton, Timothy J & Bailey, Roy E, 2002. "Unemployment Incidence in Interwar London," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 69(276), pages 631-654, November.
- Hatton, Timothy J & Bailey, Roy E, 1998. "Poverty and the Welfare State in Interwar London," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 574-606, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frijters, Paul & Hatton, Timothy J. & Martin, Richard M. & Shields, Michael A., 2010.
"Childhood economic conditions and length of life: Evidence from the UK Boyd Orr cohort, 1937-2005,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 39-47, January.
- Frijters, Paul & Shields, Michael A. & Hatton, Timothy J. & Martin, Richard M., 2007. "Childhood Economic Conditions and Length of Life: Evidence from the UK Boyd Orr Cohort, 1937–2005," IZA Discussion Papers 3042, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Celso Nunes, 2008. "The Economic Thought on Poverty Measurement: From the Nineteenth-Century to the Rediscovering Era," Working Papers 92, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Gazeley, Ian & Newell, Andrew T., 2007.
"Poverty in Britain in 1904: An Early Social Survey Rediscovered,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3046, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ian Gazeley & Andrew Newell, 2007. "Poverty In Britain In 1904: An Early Social Survey Rediscovered," PRUS Working Papers 38, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
More about this item
KeywordsPost-War Britain; Poverty; Seebohm Rowntree; Social Security; Social Surveys;
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- N34 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: 1913-
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:2147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.