Lehman Died, Bagehot Lives: Why Did the Fed and Treasury Let a Major Wall Street Bank Fail?
Download full text from publisher
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The Lender of Last Resort and the Lehman Bankruptcy
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2016-07-25 17:16:49
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Tucker, 2014. "The lender of last resort and modern central banking: principles and reconstruction," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Re-thinking the lender of last resort, volume 79, pages 10-42 Bank for International Settlements.
- George Selgin, 2014. "Operation Twist-the-Truth: How the Federal Reserve Misrepresents Its History and Performance," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 34(2), pages 229-263, Spring/Su.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2013-11-22 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HIS-2013-11-22 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MON-2013-11-22 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:pbrief:pb13-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iieeeus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .