State and Local Government Finance in the Current Crisis: Time for Emergency Federal Relief?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wallace E. Oates, 2006.
"On the Theory and Practice of Fiscal Decentralization,"
2006-05, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Wallace E. Oates, 2007. "On the Theory and Practise of Fiscal Decentralization," Working Papers 0701, CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre, revised Jan 2007.
- Wildasin, David E., 1997.
"Externalities and bailouts : hard and soft budget constraints in intergovernmental fiscal relations,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1843, The World Bank.
- David E. Wildasin, 2001. "Externalities and Bailouts: Hard and Soft Budget Constraints in Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations," Public Economics 0112002, EconWPA.
- Wildasin, David E., 2004.
"The Institutions of Federalism: Toward an Analytical Framework,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 57(2), pages 247-272, June.
- David E. Wildasin, 2004. "The Institutions of Federalism: Toward an Analytical Framework," Public Economics 0403006, EconWPA.
- Edward M. Gramlich, 1978. "State and Local Budgets the Day after It Rained: Why Is the Surplus So High?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 9(1), pages 191-216.
- William H. Hoyt & J. William Harden, 2005. "MSA Location and the Impact of State Taxes on Employment and Population: A Comparison of Border and Interior MSA's," Working Papers 2005-01, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Thiess Buettner, 2007. "Equalization Transfers and Dynamic Fiscal Adjustment: Results for German Municipalities and a US-German Comparison," Working Papers 2007-07, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
More about this item
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2009-02-28 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-PBE-2009-02-28 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-02-28 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ifr:wpaper:2009-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David E. Wildasin) or (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/spukyus.html .