The use of indicators and evidence in governance and policy development of Science, Technology and Innovation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nuno Boavida, 2011. "Decision making processes based on innovation indicators: which implications for technology assessment?," Enterprise and Work Innovation Studies, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CICS.NOVA-Interdisciplinary Centre on Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, vol. 7(7), pages 33-55, November.
- Freeman, Christopher & Soete, Luc, 2009.
"Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: What we can learn from the past,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 583-589, May.
- Soete, Luc & Freeman, Chris, 2007. "Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: what we can learn from the past," MERIT Working Papers 2007-001, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bruno Brandão Fischer & Maxim Kotsemir & Dirk Meissner & Ekaterina Streltsova, 2020.
"Patents for evidence-based decision-making and smart specialisation,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 45(6), pages 1748-1774, December.
- Bruno Brandao Fischer & Maxim Kotsemir & Dirk Meissner & Ekaterina Streltsova, 2018. "Patents For Evidence-Based Decision-Making And Smart Specialization," HSE Working papers WP BRP 86/STI/2018, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2008. "FDI and Innovation as Drivers of Export Behaviour: Firm-level Evidence from East Asia," MERIT Working Papers 2008-061, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Soete, Luc & Verspagen, Bart & ter Weel, Bas, 2010. "Systems of Innovation," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 1159-1180, Elsevier.
- Fernandez Donoso, Jose, 2017. "A simple index of innovation with complexity," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-17.
- Dodgson, Mark & Hughes, Alan & Foster, John & Metcalfe, Stan, 2011.
"Systems thinking, market failure, and the development of innovation policy: The case of Australia,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1145-1156.
- Dodgson, M. & Foster, J. & Hughes, A. & Metcalfe, J.S., 2009. "Systems Thinking, Market Failure, and the Development of Innovation Policy: The Case of Australia," Working Papers wp397, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Mark Dodgson & Alan Hughes & John Foster & J.S. Metcalfe, 2010. "Systems thinking, market failure, and the development of innovation policy- The case of Australia," Discussion Papers Series 403, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Dziallas, Marisa & Blind, Knut, 2019. "Innovation indicators throughout the innovation process: An extensive literature analysis," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 80, pages 3-29.
- Gibson, Elizabeth & Daim, Tugrul U. & Dabic, Marina, 2019. "Evaluating university industry collaborative research centers," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 181-202.
- José Eduardo Cassiolato & Helena Lastres & Maria Clara Soares, 2014. "The Brazilian national system of innovation: challenges to sustainability and inclusive development," Chapters, in: Gabriela Dutrénit & Judith Sutz (ed.), National Innovation Systems, Social Inclusion and Development, chapter 3, pages 68-101, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Alejandro Barragán-Ocaña & Gerardo Reyes-Ruiz & Samuel Olmos-Peña & Hortensia Gómez-Viquez, 2020. "Approach to the identification of an alternative technological innovation index," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 122(1), pages 23-45, January.
- Szalavetz, Andrea, 2011. "Innovációvezérelt növekedés? [Innovation-driven growth?]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(5), pages 460-476.
- Raffo, Julio & Lhuillery, Stéphane, 2009.
"How to play the "Names Game": Patent retrieval comparing different heuristics,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1617-1627, December.
- Julio Raffo & Stéphane Lhuillery, 2009. "How to play the “Names Game”: Patent retrieval comparing different heuristics," CEMI Working Papers cemi-workingpaper-2009-00, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Collège du Management de la Technologie, Management of Technology and Entrepreneurship Institute, Chaire en Economie et Management de l'Innovation.
- Wiesenthal, Tobias & Leduc, Guillaume & Haegeman, Karel & Schwarz, Hans-Günther, 2012. "Bottom-up estimation of industrial and public R&D investment by technology in support of policy-making: The case of selected low-carbon energy technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 116-131.
- Meesapawong, Pawadee & Rezgui, Yacine & Li, Haijiang, 2014. "Planning innovation orientation in public research and development organizations: Using a combined Delphi and Analytic Hierarchy Process approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 245-256.
- Lykke Margot Ricard, 2016. "Aligning innovation with grand societal challenges: Inside the European Technology Platforms in wind, and carbon capture and storage," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 169-183.
- Brach, Juliane, 2010. "Technological Readiness in the Middle East and North Africa – Implications for Egypt," GIGA Working Papers 155, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Nelson, Andrew J., 2012. "Putting university research in context: Assessing alternative measures of production and diffusion at Stanford," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 678-691.
- Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld, 2017.
"The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 30-42.
- Jürgen Janger & Torben Schubert & Petra Andries & Christian Rammer & Machteld Hoskens, 2016. "The EU 2020 Innovation Indicator. A Step Forward in Measuring Innovation Outputs and Outcomes?," WIFO Working Papers 529, WIFO.
- Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld, 2016. "The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-072, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Böhle, Knud & Moniz, António, 2015. "No Countries for Old Technology Assessment? Sketching the Efforts and Opportunities to Establish Parliamentary TA in Spain and Portugal," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 29-44.
- Szalavetz, Andrea, 2010. "Kiss Éva: Területi szerkezetváltás a magyar iparban 1989 után. Studia Regionum sorozat, Dialóg Campus Kiadó, Budapest-Pécs, 2010, 223 oldal [Éva Kiss: Területi szerkezetváltás a magyar iparban 1989," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(12), pages 1105-1109.
- Anthony Arundel & Kieran O’Brien & Ann Torugsa, 2013. "How firm managers understand innovation: implications for the design of innovation surveys," Chapters, in: Fred Gault (ed.), Handbook of Innovation Indicators and Measurement, chapter 4, pages 88-108, Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
Keywordsinnovation policy; evidence based policy; indicators;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ieu:wpaper:41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ieunlpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: António Brandão Moniz (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ieunlpt.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.