The globalisation in the clothing sector and its implications for work organisation: a view from the Portuguese case
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Moniz, António & Paulos, Margarida Ramires, 2008. "The globalisation in the clothing sector and its implications for work organisation: a view from the Portuguese case," MPRA Paper 10165, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- António Brandão Moniz & Tobias Woll, 2007.
"Main features of the labour policy in Portugal,"
- Moniz, António & Woll, Tobias, 2007. "Main features of the labour policy in Portugal," MPRA Paper 6967, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2007.
- António B. Moniz & Tobias Woll, 2007. "Main features of the labour policy in Portugal," IET Working Papers Series 02/2007, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CICS.NOVA-Interdisciplinary Centre on Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology.
- Harald Hagemann & Ralf Rukwid, 2007. "Perspectives of Workers with Low Qualifications in Germany under the Pressures of Globalization and Technical Progress," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 291/2007, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Gersbach, Hans & Schmutzler, Armin, 2005. "The Effects of Globalization on Worker Training," CEPR Discussion Papers 4879, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- António Moniz & Rogério Puga Leal, 2005. "Editorial Note," Enterprise and Work Innovation Studies, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CICS.NOVA-Interdisciplinary Centre on Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, vol. 1(1), pages 1-7, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea Dobrosavljević & Snežana Urošević & Milovan Vuković & Miroslav Talijan & Dragan Marinković, 2020. "Evaluation of Process Orientation Dimensions in the Apparel Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(10), pages 1-19, May.
- António B. Moniz, 2013. "Robots and humans as co-workers? The human-centred perspective of work with autonomous systems," IET Working Papers Series 03/2013, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CICS.NOVA-Interdisciplinary Centre on Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- António B. Moniz & Margarida R. Paulos, 2009. "The clothing industry as a globalized sector: implications for work organisation, quality of work and job content," IET Working Papers Series 13/2009, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CICS.NOVA-Interdisciplinary Centre on Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology.
- Axel Dreher & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Heinrich Ursprung, 2008.
"The impact of globalization on the composition of government expenditures: Evidence from panel data,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 263-292, March.
- Axel Dreher & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2006. "The Impact of Globalization on the Composition of Government Expenditures: Evidence from Panel Data," KOF Working papers 06-141, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Axel Dreher & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Heinrich Ursprung, 2006. "The Impact of Globalization on the Composition of Government Expenditures: Evidence from Panel Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 1755, CESifo.
- Rukwid, Ralf, 2012. "Grenzen der Bildungsexpansion? Ausbildungsinadäquate Beschäftigung von Ausbildungs- und Hochschulabsolventen in Deutschland," Violette Reihe: Schriftenreihe des Promotionsschwerpunkts "Globalisierung und Beschäftigung" 37/2012, University of Hohenheim, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Evangelisches Studienwerk.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Brunello, Giorgio, 2011.
"Barriers to entry, deregulation and workplace training: A theoretical model with evidence from Europe,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 1152-1176.
- Andrea Bassanini & Giorgio Brunello, 2010. "Barriers to Entry, Deregulation and Workplace Training: A Theoretical Model with Evidence from Europe," CESifo Working Paper Series 2945, CESifo.
- Samuel Muehlemann, 2013. "Der Einfluss der Internationalisierung auf die arbeitsmarktorientierte Bildung," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0092, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Goetz Zeddies, 2012. "International trade patterns and labour markets â€“ an empirical analysis for EU member states," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(1/2), pages 96-115.
More about this item
KeywordsClothing Industry; Restructuring; Work; Knowledge Society;
All these keywords.
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables: Clothing, Textiles, Shoes, and Leather Goods; Household Goods; Sports Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ieu:wpaper:09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ieunlpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: António Brandão Moniz (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ieunlpt.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.