Stochastische Überlagerung mit Hilfe der Mischungsverteilung
The paper considers the effect of additive and multiplicative measurement errors on the estimation of linear models.We assume that such measurement errors have been applied to the micro data by purpose in order to protect them against re-identification. In particular measurement errors with a bimodal mixture distribution are analyzed. First the case of cross-section data is assumed. Then for panel data both the "naive' estimator ("within estimator", mixed effects estimator) and IV estimators are considered. In particular the effect of autocorrelation of regressors in short panels is discussed.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ob dem Himmelreich 1, D-72074 Tübingen|
Phone: (+49) 7071 98 96 -0
Fax: (+49) 7071 98 96 -99
Web page: http://www.iaw.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Staudenmayer, John & Buonaccorsi, John P., 2005. "Measurement Error in Linear Autoregressive Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 841-852, September.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-29, October.
- Winfried Pohlmeier & Sandra Lechner, 2003. "Schätzung ökonometrischer Modelle auf der Grundlage anonymisierter Daten," CoFE Discussion Paper 03-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iaw:iawdip:48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rolf Kleimann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.