A Dominance Criterion for Measuring Income Inequality from a Centrist View: The Case of Australia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Moyes, Patrick, 1987. "A new concept of Lorenz domination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 203-207.
- Claudio Zoli, 2012. "Characterizing Inequality Equivalence Criteria," Working Papers 32/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Bossert, Walter & Pfingsten, Andreas, 1990. "Intermediate inequality: concepts, indices, and welfare implications," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 117-134, April.
- Paul Blacklow & Ranjan Ray, 2000.
"A Comparison of Income and Expenditure Inequality Estimates: The Australian Evidence, 1975-76 to 1993-94,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 33(4), pages 317-329.
- Blacklow, P. & Ray, R., 1999. "A Comparison of Income and Expenditure Inequality Estimates: the Australian Evidence, 1975/76 to 1993/94," Papers 1999-05, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Coral Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2010.
"New unit-consistent intermediate inequality indices,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 42(3), pages 505-521, March.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2007. "New Unit-Consistent Intermediate Inequality Indices," Working Papers 63, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. II," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 82-111, August.
- Tateo Yoshida, 2005. "Social welfare rankings of income distributions A new parametric concept of intermediate inequality," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 24(3), pages 557-574, June.
- Amiel, Yoram & Cowell, Frank A., 1992. "Measurement of income inequality : Experimental test by questionnaire," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Coral del RÎo & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2000. "Intermediate inequality and welfare," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 17(2), pages 223-239.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2007. "Rankings of Income Distributions: A Note on Intermediate Inequality Indices," Working Papers 68, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Satya Chakravarty & Swami Tyagarupananda, 2009. "The subgroup decomposable intermediate indices of inequality," Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 83-97, June.
- Seidl, Christian & Theilen, Bernd, 1994. "Stochastic independence of distributional attitudes and social status : A comparison of German and Polish data," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 295-310, July.
- Buhong Zheng, 2007. "Unit-Consistent Decomposable Inequality Measures," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(293), pages 97-111, February.
- Saunders, Peter & Stott, Helen & Hobbes, Garry, 1991. "Income Inequality in Australia and New Zealand: International Comparisons and Recent Trends," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(1), pages 63-79, March.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Sen, Amartya & Starrett, David, 1973. "Notes on the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 180-187, April.
- George Athanasopoulos & Farshid Vahid, 2003.
"Statistical Inference and Changes in Income Inequality in Australia,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(247), pages 412-424, December.
- George Athanasopoulos & Farshid Vahid, 2002. "Statistical Inference on Changes in Income Inequality in Australia," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 9/02, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
More about this item
KeywordsIncome distribution; Lorenz dominance; intermediate inequality indices; Ray-invariance; Australia;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iae:iaewps:wp2012n03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sheri Carnegie). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mimelau.html .