Values of Exact Market Games
We prove that a single-valued solution of perfectly competitive TU economies underling nonatomic exact market games is uniquely determined as the Mertens value by four plausible value-related axioms. Since the Mertens value is always a core element, this result provides an axiomatization of the Mertens value as a core-selection. Previous works in this direction assumed the economies to be either di erentiable (e.g., Dubey and Neyman ) or of uniform nite-type (e.g., Haimanko ). Our work does not assume that, thus it contributes to the axiomatic study of payo s in perfectly competitive economies (or values of their derived market games) in general. In fact, this is the rst contribution in this direction.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Feldman Building - Givat Ram - 91904 Jerusalem|
Web page: http://www.ratio.huji.ac.il/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brown, Donald J & Robinson, Abraham, 1975.
"Nonstandard Exchange Economies,"
Econometric Society, vol. 43(1), pages 41-56, January.
- Donald J. Brown & Abraham Robinson, 1971. "Nonstandard Exchange Economies," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 308, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hart, Sergiu & Neyman, Abraham, 1988. "Values of non-atomic vector measure games : Are they linear combinations of the measures?," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 31-40, February.
- Aumann, Robert J, 1975. "Values of Markets with a Continuum of Traders," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(4), pages 611-646, July.
- AUMANN, Robert J., "undated". "Values of markets with a continuum of traders," CORE Discussion Papers RP 228, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hart, Sergiu, 1977. "Values of non-differentiable markets with a continuum of traders," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-116, August.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Neyman, Abraham, 1997. "An Equivalence Principle for Perfectly Competitive Economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 314-344, August.
- Omer Edhan, 2012. "Continuous Values of Market Games are Conic," Discussion Paper Series dp623, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:huj:dispap:dp627. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Simkin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.