Income Redistribution in Urban China by Social Security System: An Empirical Analysis Based on Annual and Lifetime Income
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lixin He & Hiroshi Sato, 2013. "Income Redistribution In Urban China By Social Security System—An Empirical Analysis Based On Annual And Lifetime Income," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(2), pages 314-331, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Feldstein & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2002. "The Distributional Aspects of Social Security and Social Security Reform," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number feld02-1, April.
- Martin S. Feldstein & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2002. "Introduction to "The Distributional Aspects of Social Security and Social Security Reform"," NBER Chapters,in: The Distributional Aspects of Social Security and Social Security Reform, pages 1-10 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cai, Fang & Giles, John & Meng, Xin, 2006. "How well do children insure parents against low retirement income? An analysis using survey data from urban China," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(12), pages 2229-2255, December.
- Feng, Jin & He, Lixin & Sato, Hiroshi, 2011.
"Public pension and household saving: Evidence from urban China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 470-485.
- Jin Feng & Lixin He & Hiroshi Sato, 2009. "Public Pension and Household Saving: Evidence from urban China," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-030, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Terry Sicular & Yue Ximing & Björn Gustafsson & Li Shi, 2007.
"The Urban-Rural Income Gap And Inequality In China,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(1), pages 93-126, March.
- Sicular, Terry & Yue, Ximing & Gustafsson, Bjorn & Li, Shi, 2006. "The Urban-Rural Income Gap and Inequality in China," WIDER Working Paper Series 135, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Nelissen, Jan H M, 1995. "Lifetime Income Redistribution by Social Security," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 8(1), pages 89-105, February.
- Oshio, Takashi, 2003. "Social Security and Intragenerational Redistribution of Lifetime Income in Japan," Discussion Paper 172, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
Keywordslifetime income; income redistribution; social security; pension; China;
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- P43 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Finance; Public Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-08-09 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-08-09 (Development)
- NEP-TRA-2011-08-09 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:ghsdps:gd11-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .