The Optimal Dynamic Infant Industry Protection in Joining a Free Trade Agreement: A Numerical Analysis of the Vietnamese Motorcycle Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alwyn Young, 1991. "Learning by Doing and the Dynamic Effects of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 3577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Head, Keith, 1994. "Infant industry protection in the steel rail industry," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3-4), pages 141-165, November.
- Alwyn Young, 1991. "Learning by Doing and the Dynamic Effects of International Trade," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 369-405.
- Tybout, James R, 1992. "Linking Trade and Productivity: New Research Directions," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 189-211, May.
- Melitz, Marc J., 2005.
"When and how should infant industries be protected?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 177-196, May.
- Melitz, Marc, 2005. "When and How Should Infant Industries Be Protected?," Scholarly Articles 3228378, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Krugman, Paul, 1987. "The narrow moving band, the Dutch disease, and the competitive consequences of Mrs. Thatcher : Notes on trade in the presence of dynamic scale economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 41-55, October.
- Houpt, Stefan, 2002. "Putting Spanish steel on the map: The location of Spanish integrated steel, 1880 1936," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 193-220, August.
More about this item
Keywordsdynamic externality; infant industry protection; numerical analysis; Vietnam;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-08-09 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-INT-2011-08-09 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:ghsdps:gd11-191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .