The Impact of the Great East Japan Earthquake on Commodity Prices: New Evidence from High-Frequency Scanner Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abe, Naohito & Moriguchi, Chiaki & Inakura, Noriko, 2012. "The Great East Japan Earthquake and its Short-run Effects on Household Purchasing Behavior," Research Center for Price Dynamics Working Paper Series 2, Research Center for Price Dynamics, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jessie Handbury & Tsutomu Watanabe & David E. Weinstein, 2013.
"How Much Do Official Price Indexes Tell Us about Inflation?,"
NBER Working Papers
19504, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tsutomu Watanabe & David Weinstein & Jessie Handbury, 2014. "How Much Do Official Price Indexes Tell Us About Inflation?," 2014 Meeting Papers 73, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jessie Handbury & Tsutomu Watanabe & David E. Weinstein, 2013. "How Much Do Official Price Indexes Tell Us About Inflation?," CARF F-Series CARF-F-328, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Ivancic, Lorraine & Erwin Diewert, W. & Fox, Kevin J., 2011.
"Scanner data, time aggregation and the construction of price indexes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 24-35, March.
- Diewert, Erwin & Fox, Kevin J. & Ivancic, Lorraine, 2009. "Scanner Data, Time Aggregation and the Construction of Price Indexes," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2009-48, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Sep 2009.
- Alberto Cavallo & Eduardo Cavallo & Roberto Rigobon, 2014.
"Prices and Supply Disruptions during Natural Disasters,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(S2), pages 449-471, November.
- Alberto Cavallo & Eduardo Cavallo & Roberto Rigobon, 2013. "Prices and Supply Disruptions during Natural Disasters," NBER Working Papers 19474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hajime Tomura, 2016.
"Investment Horizon and Repo in the Over‐the‐Counter Market,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(1), pages 145-164, February.
- Hajime Tomura, 2013. "Investment Horizon and Repo in the Over-the-Counter Market," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 013, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Hajime Tomura, 2014. "Investment Horizon and Repo in the Over-the-Counter Market," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 037, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Emi Nakamura & Jón Steinsson, 2008. "Five Facts about Prices: A Reevaluation of Menu Cost Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1415-1464.
- Virgiliu Midrigan, 2011. "Menu Costs, Multiproduct Firms, and Aggregate Fluctuations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(4), pages 1139-1180, July.
- Shigenori Shiratsuka, 1999. "Measurement errors in Japanese Consumer Price Index," Working Paper Series WP-99-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Nao Sudo & Kozo Ueda & Kota Watanabe, 2014.
"Micro Price Dynamics during Japan's Lost Decades,"
Asian Economic Policy Review,
Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 9(1), pages 44-64, January.
- Nao Sudo & Kozo Ueda & Kota Watanabe, 2013. "Micro Price Dynamics during Japan's Lost Decades," CAMA Working Papers 2013-63, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Sudo, Nao & Ueda, Kozo & Watanabe, Kota, 2013. "Micro price dynamics during Japan's lost decades," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 159, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Abe, Naohito & Tonogi, Akiyuki, 2010. "Micro and macro price dynamics in daily data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 716-728, September.
- Shiratsuka, Shigenori, 1999. "Measurement Errors in the Japanese Consumer Price Index," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 17(3), pages 69-102, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saki Sugano, 2016. "The Well-Being of Elderly Survivors after Natural Disasters: Measuring the Impact of the Great East Japan Earthquake," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 211-229, June.
More about this item
Keywordsnatural disaster; commodity shortages; consumer price index; scanner data;
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:rcpdwp:12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pdhitjp.html .