The United Kingdom Pension System: Key Issues
This paper examines the key issues relating to the UK pension system. It reviews the current system of pension provision, describes and analyses the reforms since 1980, examines the legal regulatory and accounting framework for occupational pension schemes, assesses the different types of risks and returns from membership of defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes, and investigates the management and investment performance of pension fund assets. The paper ends with a discussion of the review of institutional investment in the UK conducted by Paul Myners and published in March 2001.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Mar 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||This paper was prepared for an international conference hosted by the Project on Intergenerational Equity at Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo, on 17 March 2001. PIE is funded by the Japanese Ministry of Education and Science.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2-1 Naka, Kunitachi City, Tokyo 186-8603|
Web page: http://cis.ier.hit-u.ac.jp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Blake, 1999. "Annuity Markets: Problems and Solutions," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(3), pages 358-375, July.
- David Blake & John Board, 2000. "Measuring Value Added in the Pensions Industry," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(4), pages 539-567, October.
- David Blake & Bruce N. Lehmann & Allan Timmermann, 2002. "Performance clustering and incentives in the UK pension fund industry," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24945, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Blake, David, 1998. "Pension schemes as options on pension fund assets: implications for pension fund management," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 263-286, December.
- Blake, David & Lehmann, Bruce N & Timmermann, Allan, 1999. "Asset Allocation Dynamics and Pension Fund Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(4), pages 429-61, October.
- Blake, David, 2003. "Pension Schemes and Pension Funds in the United Kingdom," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199243532, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:piedp1:15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.