Vulnerability of Microfinance to Strategic Default and Covariate Shocks: Evidence from Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chowdhury, Prabal Roy, 2007.
"Group-lending with sequential financing, contingent renewal and social capital,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 487-506, September.
- Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2006. "Group-lending with sequential financing, contingent renewal and social capital," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 06-01, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Armendariz de Aghion, Beatriz, 1999. "On the design of a credit agreement with peer monitoring," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 79-104, October.
More about this item
Keywordsgroup lending; joint liability; contingent renewal; strategic default; covariate shocks;
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- G29 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Other
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hitcei:2010-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reiko Suzuki). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cehitjp.html .