An impact of different regulatory regimes on the effectiveness of public procurement
The reform of budget-sector entities enables us to compare the impact of different types of public procurement regulations in budget and autonomous organizations in Russia. Such analysis is important in light of the critical discussion of the effects of current procurement regulation (94-FL), as well as taking into account the introduction of the Federal Contract System in 2014. Using the difference-in-differences methodology, we shall consider public procurements of two national universities in 2011–2012. All procurements of the first university were regulated by the 94-FL requirements. Procurements of the second university were regulated by the 94-FL until June 2011. Later this university introduced its own Procurements Provision. A comparative analysis of procurements of these organizations enables us to estimate the impact of the different types of regulations on the effectiveness of public procurement, as measured by the level of competition and price decline in public tenders, as well as the timely execution of procurement contracts.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in WP BRP Series: Public Administration / PA, November 2013, pages 1-29|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.hse.ru/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dalen, Dag Morten & Moen, Espen R. & Riis, Christian, 2006.
"Contract renewal and incentives in public procurement,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 269-285, March.
- Dalen, Dag Morten & Moen, Espen R & Riis, Christian, 2004. "Contract Renewal and Incentives in Public Procurement," CEPR Discussion Papers 4540, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, June.
- Hiroshi Ohashi, 2008.
"Effects of Transparency in Procurement Practices on Government Expenditure: A Case Study of Municipal Public Works,"
CIRJE-F-548, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Hiroshi Ohashi, 2009. "Effects of Transparency in Procurement Practices on Government Expenditure: A Case Study of Municipal Public Works," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 267-285, May.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:126:y:2011:i:3:p:1173-1211 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Bajari & Gregory Lewis, 2009.
"Procurement Contracting with Time Incentives: Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
14855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tadelis, Steven, 2012. "Public procurement design: Lessons from the private sector," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 297-302.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:08/pa/2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev)or (Victoria Elkina)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.