Endogenous Disinvestment Activities and the Transformation to a new Equilibrium. A computable general equilibrium approach
The contribution of this book is the explicit recognitation of the importance of endogenous disinvestment activities to a new equilibrium. This is embodied in the condition specifying the economic life of capital to account for obsolescence. This specification provides the formal link between capital formation and production capacity. Thus, the transformation process will be endogenously specified in the model. In technical terms, the economic structure is illustrated by the help of a computable general equilibrium (CGE) model of an open economy. The numerical applications is an examination of the sensitivity of the model to systematic variation in key variables of the transformation process, and the variations that may appear through changes in domestic and international conditions. This book, organised in 6 chapters, is designed as a textbook and a research publication in combination. In rough outline, Chapter 2 and 3 is a pure textbook representation, and Chapter 4, 5 and 6 are representative chapters of the research publication.
|Date of creation:||01 Oct 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 090 - 786 61 42
Fax: 090 - 77 23 02
Web page: http://www.econ.umu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan J. Auerbach & Martin Feldstein, 1978.
"Inflation and the Choice of Asset Life,"
NBER Working Papers
0253, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coates, Dennis, 1991. "Endogenous Capital Utilization and Taxation of Corporate Capital," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 44(1), pages 79-91, March.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521319867 is not listed on IDEAS
- Feldstein, Martin S & Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "Towards an Economic Theory of Replacement Investment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 393-423, May.
- Noren, Ronny, 1998. "Industrial Transformation in the Open Economy: A Multisectoral View," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 111-117, February.
- Herbert E. Scarf, 1967. "On the Computation of Equilibrium Prices," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 232, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Benjamin, Nancy, 1990. "Devaluations and credibility in structural adjustment policy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 659-669.
- Schworm, William E., 1979. "Tax policy, capital use, and investment incentives," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 191-204, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0569. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell-Göran Holmberg)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.