Analytical Foundations of Erik Lindahl's Monetary Analysis, 1924-30
An overview is first given of Erik Lindahl's works during the 1920s: Aims of Monetary Policy, "The Place of Capital in the Theory of Price", "On the Relationship between the Quantity of Money and the Price Level" and Means of Monetary Policy. After that the origin of ideas and Lindahl's analytical contributions to monetary analysis during the 1920s is discussed from the following perspectives: the formualtion of a norm for monetary policy, type of equilibrium analysis, fundamental equations and microeconomic foundations, capital theory and intertemporal analysis, assumptions about the monetary system, the stability problem and the uniqueness of the price level.
|Date of creation:||15 Dec 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +46 8 16 20 00
Fax: +46 8 16 14 25
Web page: http://www.ne.su.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Milgate, Murray, 1979. "On the Origin of the Notion of "Intertemporal Equilibrium"," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 46(181), pages 1-10, February.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1993.
"Temporary general equilibrium theory,"
Handbook of Mathematical Economics,
in: K. J. Arrow & M.D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 4, volume 2, chapter 19, pages 879-922
- Claes-Henric Siven, 1997. "Capital Theory and Equilibrium Method in Wicksell's Cumulative Process," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 201-217, Summer.
- Claes-Henric Siven, 1998. "Two early Swedish debates about Wicksell's cumulative process," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 120-139.
- Siven, Claes-Henric, 1985. " The End of the Stockholm School," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 577-93.
- George Selgin, 1999. "Hayek versus Keynes on How the Price Level Ought to Behave," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 31(4), pages 699-721, Winter.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1975.
"Rational Expectations and the Dynamic Structure of Macroeconomic Models:A Critical Review,"
NBER Working Papers
0093, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiller, Robert J., 1978. "Rational expectations and the dynamic structure of macroeconomic models : A critical review," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-44, January.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
- Laidler, D., 1997. "The Wicksell Connection, The Quantity Theory and Keynes," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9708, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- K. Velupillai, 1988. "Some Swedish Stepping Stones to Modern Macroeconomics," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 87-98, Jan-Mar.
- Bailey, Roy E, 1976. "On the Analytical Foundations of Wicksell's Cumulative Process," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 44(1), pages 52-71, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sunrpe:2000_0014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sten Nyberg)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.