A Challenger to the Limit Order Book: The NYSE Specialist
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth A. Kavajecz, 1999. "A Specialist's Quoted Depth and the Limit Order Book," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 747-771, April.
- Bruno Biais & David Martimort & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2000.
"Competing Mechanisms in a Common Value Environment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 799-838, July.
- Biais, Bruno & Martimort, David & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1998. "Competing Mechanisms in a Commun Value Environment," IDEI Working Papers 75, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Seppi, Duane J, 1997. "Liquidity Provision with Limit Orders and a Strategic Specialist," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 103-150.
- Cecilia Caglio & Kenneth A. Kavajecz, 2006. "A Specialist'S Quoted Depth As A Strategic Choice Variable: An Application To Spread Decomposition Models," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(3), pages 367-382.
- Desgranges, Gabriel & Foucault, Thierry, 2005. "Reputation-based pricing and price improvements," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 493-527.
- Ready, Mark J, 1999. "The Specialist's Discretion: Stopped Orders and Price Improvement," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1075-1112.
- Fishe, Raymond P. H. & Robe, Michel A., 2004. "The impact of illegal insider trading in dealer and specialist markets: evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 461-488, March.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Hughson, Eric, 1997. "Splitting Orders," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 69-101.
- Shane A. Corwin, 1999. "Differences in Trading Behavior across NYSE Specialist Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 721-745, April.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-1161, September.
- Jay F. Coughenour & Daniel N. Deli, 2002. "Liquidity Provision and the Organizational Form of NYSE Specialist Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 841-869, April.
- Garfinkel, Jon A. & Nimalendran, M., 2003. "Market Structure and Trader Anonymity: An Analysis of Insider Trading," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(03), pages 591-610, September.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Kaufman, Herbert M., 1997. "A cross-exchange comparison of execution costs and information flow for NYSE-listed stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 293-319, December.
- Robert Battalio & Andrew Ellul & Robert Jennings, 2007. "Reputation Effects in Trading on the New York Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1243-1271, June.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Sofianos, George, 1998. "An empirical analysis of NYSE specialist trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 189-210, May.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Marcus, Alan J. & Wilhelm, William J., 1992. "What's special about the specialist?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 61-86, August.
More about this item
KeywordsLimit order book; specialist; hybrid market;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2007-10-06 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-MST-2007-10-06 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sifrwp:0055. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anki Helmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sifrrse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.