A Challenger to the Limit Order Book: The NYSE Specialist
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth A. Kavajecz, 1999. "A Specialist's Quoted Depth and the Limit Order Book," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 747-771, April.
- Cecilia Caglio & Kenneth A. Kavajecz, 2006. "A Specialist'S Quoted Depth As A Strategic Choice Variable: An Application To Spread Decomposition Models," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(3), pages 367-382.
- Desgranges, Gabriel & Foucault, Thierry, 2005. "Reputation-based pricing and price improvements," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 493-527.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Hughson, Eric, 1997. "Splitting Orders," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 69-101.
- Bruno Biais & David Martimort & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2000.
"Competing Mechanisms in a Common Value Environment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 799-838, July.
- Biais, Bruno & Martimort, David & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1998. "Competing Mechanisms in a Commun Value Environment," IDEI Working Papers 75, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Shane A. Corwin, 1999. "Differences in Trading Behavior across NYSE Specialist Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 721-745, April.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-1161, September.
- Seppi, Duane J, 1997. "Liquidity Provision with Limit Orders and a Strategic Specialist," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 103-150.
- Ready, Mark J, 1999. "The Specialist's Discretion: Stopped Orders and Price Improvement," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1075-1112.
- Fishe, Raymond P. H. & Robe, Michel A., 2004. "The impact of illegal insider trading in dealer and specialist markets: evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 461-488, March.
- Jay F. Coughenour & Daniel N. Deli, 2002. "Liquidity Provision and the Organizational Form of NYSE Specialist Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 841-869, April.
- Garfinkel, Jon A. & Nimalendran, M., 2003. "Market Structure and Trader Anonymity: An Analysis of Insider Trading," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(03), pages 591-610, September.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Kaufman, Herbert M., 1997. "A cross-exchange comparison of execution costs and information flow for NYSE-listed stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 293-319, December.
- Robert Battalio & Andrew Ellul & Robert Jennings, 2007. "Reputation Effects in Trading on the New York Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1243-1271, June.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Sofianos, George, 1998. "An empirical analysis of NYSE specialist trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 189-210, May.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Marcus, Alan J. & Wilhelm, William J., 1992. "What's special about the specialist?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 61-86, August.
More about this item
KeywordsLimit order book; specialist; hybrid market;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2007-10-06 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-MST-2007-10-06 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sifrwp:0055. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anki Helmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sifrrse.html .