A review of universal-service policy
In some countries, like Sweden, regulatory reform of monopoly industries such as telecom and mail went ahead without much consideration to how competition would affect the universal provision of services. This paper reviews issues that ought to be considered in the process of shaping a universal-service policy that is conform to market competition.
|Date of creation:||07 Jun 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Örebro University School of Business, SE - 701 82 ÖREBRO, Sweden|
Phone: 019-30 30 00
Fax: 019-33 25 46
Web page: http://www.oru.se/Institutioner/Handelshogskolan-vid-Orebro-universitet/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klemperer, Paul, 2002.
"How (Not) to Run Auctions: The European 3G Telecom Auctions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3215, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klemperer, Paul, 2002. "How (not) to run auctions: The European 3G telecom auctions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(4-5), pages 829-845, May.
- Paul Klemperer, 2001. "How (Not) to Run Auctions: the European 3G Telecom Auctions," Economics Papers 2002-W5, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford, revised 01 Nov 2001.
- Paul Klemperer, 2001. "How (Not) to Run Auctions: The European 3G Telecom Auctions," Economics Series Working Papers 2002-W05, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Anne Perrot & Laurent Flochel & Philippe Choné, 2000.
"Universal service obligations and competition,"
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1985. "Auction Theory," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 779, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Milgrom,Paul, 2004.
"Putting Auction Theory to Work,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521536721, june. pag.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 2001. "Competition in Telecommunications," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262621509, June.
- Anders Lunander & Jan-Eric Nilsson, 2003. "Taking the Lab to the Field: Experimental Tests of Alternative Mechanisms to Procure Multiple Contracts," Working Papers 2003.28, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:oruesi:2005_005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.