Wavelet improvement in turning point detection using a Hidden Markov Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Li, Yushu & Reese, Simon, 2012. "Wavelet Improvement in Turning Point Detection using a Hidden Markov Model," Working Papers 2012:14, Lund University, Department of Economics, revised 05 Apr 2014.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur F. Burns & Wesley C. Mitchell, 1946. "Measuring Business Cycles," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number burn46-1, January.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Hamilton, James D & Perez-Quiros, Gabriel, 1996. "What Do the Leading Indicators Lead?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(1), pages 27-49, January.
- Benoit Bellone & David Saint-Martin, 2004. "Detecting Turning Points with Many Predictors through Hidden Markov Models," Econometrics 0407001, EconWPA.
- Grané, Aurea & Veiga, Helena, 2009. "Wavelet-based detection of outliers in volatility models," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws090403, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
More about this item
KeywordsHMM; turning point; wavelet; wavelet power spectrum; outlier;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2014-04-11 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ETS-2014-04-11 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
- NEP-ORE-2014-04-11 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:nhhfms:2014_010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stein Fossen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dfnhhno.html .