Supply Function Equilibria of Pay-as-Bid Auctions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Natalia Fabra & Nils‐Henrik Fehr & David Harbord, 2006. "Designing electricity auctions," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(1), pages 23-46, March.
- Rassenti, Stephen J & Smith, Vernon L & Wilson, Bart J, 2003. "Discriminatory Price Auctions in Electricity Markets: Low Volatility at the Expense of High Price Levels," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 109-123, March.
- Bulow, Jeremy & Klemperer, Paul, 1996. "Auctions versus Negotiations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 180-194, March.
- Kahn, Alfred E. & Cramton, Peter C. & Porter, Robert H. & Tabors, Richard D., 2001.
"Uniform Pricing or Pay-as-Bid Pricing: A Dilemma for California and Beyond,"
The Electricity Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 70-79, July.
- Alfred E. Kahn & Peter Cramton & Robert H. Porter & Richard D. Tabors, 2001. "Uniform Pricing or Pay-as-Bid Pricing: A Dilemma for California and Beyond," Papers of Peter Cramton 01ej, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 27 Jan 2001.
- Holmberg, Pär, 2005. "Comparing Supply Function Equilibria of Pay-as-Bid and Uniform-Price Auctions," Working Paper Series 2005:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Robert Wilson, 2008.
"Supply Function Equilibrium in a Constrained Transmission System,"
INFORMS, vol. 56(2), pages 369-382, April.
- Robert Wilson, 2005. "Supply Function Equilibrium in a Constrained Transmission System," Levine's Bibliography 784828000000000087, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Wilson, Robert B., 2007. "Supply Function Equilibrium in a Constrained Transmission System," Research Papers 1966, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Paul Klemperer, 2002. "What Really Matters in Auction Design," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 169-189, Winter.
- Federico, Giulio & Rahman, David, 2003. "Bidding in an Electricity Pay-as-Bid Auction," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 175-211, September.
- Krishna, Vijay, 2009. "Auction Theory," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780123745071.
- Roques Fabien A. & Newbery David M. & Nuttall William J., 2005. "Investment Incentives and Electricity Market Design: the British Experience," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 1-36, June.
- Ramteen Sioshansi & Shmuel Oren, 2007. "How good are supply function equilibrium models: an empirical analysis of the ERCOT balancing market," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 1-35, February.
- Bower, John & Bunn, Derek, 2001. "Experimental analysis of the efficiency of uniform-price versus discriminatory auctions in the England and Wales electricity market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(3-4), pages 561-592, March.
- Bolle, Friedel, 1992. "Supply function equilibria and the danger of tacit collusion : The case of spot markets for electricity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 94-102, April.
- Ali Hortaçsu & Steven L. Puller, 2008. "Understanding strategic bidding in multi-unit auctions: a case study of the Texas electricity spot market," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(1), pages 86-114.
- Holmberg, Par, 2008.
"Unique supply function equilibrium with capacity constraints,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 148-172, January.
- Holmberg, Pär, 2004. "Unique Supply Function Equilibrium with Capacity Constraints," Working Paper Series 2004:20, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Natalia Fabra, 2003. "Tacit Collusion in Repeated Auctions: Uniform Versus Discriminatory," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 271-293, September.
- repec:bpj:rneart:v:4:y:2005:i:2:p:93-128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Green, Richard J & Newbery, David M, 1992.
"Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 929-953, October.
- Green, Richard & Newbery, David M G, 1991. "Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 557, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klemperer, Paul D & Meyer, Margaret A, 1989. "Supply Function Equilibria in Oligopoly under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1243-1277, November.
- Aleksandr Rudkevich & Max Duckworth & Richard Rosen, 1998. "Modeling Electricity Pricing in a Deregulated Generation Industry: The Potential for Oligopoly Pricing in a Poolco," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 19-48.
- Wilson, Robert, 1997. "Nonlinear Pricing," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195115826.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heim, Sven & Götz, Georg, 2013.
"Do pay-as-bid auctions favor collusion? Evidence from Germany's market for reserve power,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
13-035, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sven Heim & Georg Götz, 2013. "Do pay-as-bid auctions favor collusion? - Evidence from Germany’s market for reserve power," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201324, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Pär Holmberg, 2014. "Pro-competitive rationing in multi-unit auctions," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1435, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Holmberg, Pär & Newbery, David, 2010.
"The supply function equilibrium and its policy implications for wholesale electricity auctions,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 209-226, December.
- Holmberg, Pär & Newbery, David, 2009. "The Supply Function Equilibrium and Its Policy Implications for Wholesale Electricity Auctions," Working Paper Series 812, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Holmberg, P. & Newbery, D., 2010. "The Supply Function Equilibrium and its Policy Implications for Wholesale Electricity Auctions," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1016, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Bunn, Derek & Koc, Veli & Sapio, Alessandro, 2015. "Resource externalities and the persistence of heterogeneous pricing behavior in an energy commodity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 265-275.
- Ollikka, Kimmo & Tukiainen, Janne, 2013. "Central bank liquidity auction mechanism design and the interbank market," Research Discussion Papers 21/2013, Bank of Finland.
- Pär Holmberg & Frank Wolak, 2015.
"Electricity markets: Designing auctions where suppliers have uncertain costs,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1541, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Holmberg, Pär & Wolak, Frank A., 2015. "Electricity Markets: Designing Auctions Where Suppliers Have Uncertain Costs," Working Paper Series 1099, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Majid Motamedi & Shahram Moeeni & Salman Gharakhani & Iman Keyfarokhi, 2014. "The Behavior of Iranian Restructured Electricity Market in Supply Function Equilibrium Framework," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 4(1), pages 178-191, January.
More about this item
KeywordsSupply Function Equilibrium; Pay-as-bid Auction; Discriminatory Auction; Divisible;
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2009-06-10 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2009-06-10 (Game Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:iuiwop:0787. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisabeth Gustafsson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iuiiise.html .