Price and Volume Effects Associated with Changes in the Danish Blue-Chip Index - The KFX Index
The Danish blue-chip index - the KFX Index - provides an interesting case for studying the effects of changes in a stock market index. This is because of the unique selection criterion used for the composition of the KFX Index. The criterion is pub- licly known and based on a combination of liquidity and market value of the stock. Consistent with the selection criterion, the stock price effects are generally small at the announcement of a change and at the later date when the change comes into effect. However, the deleted stocks experience an abnormal return averaging
|Date of creation:||10 Mar 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Finance, Copenhagen Business School, Solbjerg Plads 3, A5, DK-2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark|
Phone: +45 3815 3815
Web page: http://www.cbs.dk/departments/finance/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pruitt, Stephen W & Wei, K C John, 1989. " Institutional Ownership and Changes in the S&P 500," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 509-513, June.
- Lynch, Anthony W & Mendenhall, Richard R, 1997. "New Evidence on Stock Price Effects Associated with Changes in the S&P 500 Index," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(3), pages 351-383, July.
- Dhillon, Upinder & Johnson, Herb, 1991. "Changes in the Standard and Poor's 500 List," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(1), pages 75-85, January.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. " Do Demand Curves for Stocks Slope Down?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 579-590, July.
- Beneish, Messod D. & Gardner, John C., 1995. "Information Costs and Liquidity Effects from Changes in the Dow Jones Industrial Average List," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 135-157, March.
- Harris, Lawrence E & Gurel, Eitan, 1986. " Price and Volume Effects Associated with Changes in the S&P 500 List: New Evidence for the Existence of Price Pressures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(4), pages 815-829, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cbsfin:2002_002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lars Nondal)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.