Financial techniques, institutions and innovation
This paper reviews the relationship between financial evaluation and control techniques and innovative activity in a range of contexts. The relationship is broadly conceived to include both the financial techniques developed and deployed within the firm and the evaluative behaviour of financial institutions external to the firm such as venture capital and industrial investment banking. With innovative and investment opportunities tending to vary over time within an industry, it becomes apparent that there can be no permanent solution to the common problem of how to trade off financial control for organisational stability against the need to trust devolved organisational forms in control of innovative development projects.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||26 Nov 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +45 89 48 66 88
Fax: + 45 86 15 01 88
Web page: http://www.asb.dk/about/departments/man.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mayer, Colin, 1997. "The City and Corporate Performance: Condemned or Exonerated?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 291-302, March.
- Miller, Peter & Napier, Christopher, 1993. "Genealogies of calculation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(7-8), pages 631-647.
- Armstrong, Peter, 2002. "The costs of activity-based management," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 99-120.
- Mayer, Colin & Alexander, Ian, 1990. "Banks and securities markets: Corporate financing in Germany and the United Kingdom," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 450-475, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhb:aardom:2003_003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helle Vinbaek Stenholt)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.