Are CEE states successful as venture capitalists?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cumming, Douglas J. & MacIntosh, Jeffrey G., 2006. "Crowding out private equity: Canadian evidence," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 569-609, September.
- Darek Klonowski, 2010. "The effectiveness of government-sponsored programmes in supporting the SME sector in Poland," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 229-245.
- Krists Avots & Rihards Strenga & Anders Paalzow, 2013. "Public venture capital in Latvia," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 13(1), pages 3-30, July.
- Douglas Cumming & Sofia Johan, 2009. "Pre-seed government venture capital funds," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 26-56, March.
- Josh Lerner, 2002. "When Bureaucrats Meet Entrepreneurs: The Design of Effective "Public Venture Capital" Programmes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 73-84, February.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Soren Nielsen, 2001.
"Public Policy for Venture Capital,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(4), pages 557-572, August.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Søren Bo Nielsen, "undated". "Public Policy for Venture Capital," EPRU Working Paper Series 01-06, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Søren Bo Nielsen, 2001. "Public Policy for Venture Capital," CESifo Working Paper Series 486, CESifo Group Munich.
- Colin Mason & Jennifer Kwok, 2010. "Investment Readiness Programmes and Access to Finance: A Critical Review of Design Issues," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 25(4), pages 269-292, June.
- László Szerb & Gábor Rappai & Zsolt Makra & Siri Terjesen, 2007. "Informal Investment in Transition Economies: Individual Characteristics and Clusters," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 257-271, March.
- Bertoni, Fabio & Tykvová, Tereza, 2012. "Which form of venture capital is most supportive of innovation?," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-018, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Gordon Murray, 1998. "A Policy Response to Regional Disparities in the Supply of Risk Capital to New Technology-based Firms in the European Union: The European Seed Capital Fund Scheme," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 405-419.
- Lerner, Josh, 2014. "Entrepreneurship, public policy, and cities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6880, The World Bank.
- Judit Karsai, 2013. "Venture capital and private equity industry in Hungary," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 63(1), pages 23-42, March.
- Karen E. Wilson & Filipe Silva, 2013. "Policies for Seed and Early Stage Finance: Findings from the 2012 OECD Financing Questionnaire," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Policy Papers 9, OECD Publishing.
- Cumming, Douglas J. & Johan, Sofia A., 2013. "Venture Capital and Private Equity Contracting," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780124095373, August.
- Douglas Cumming & Sofia Johan, 2008. "Information asymmetries, agency costs and venture capital exit outcomes," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 197-231, February.
- John Armour & Douglas Cumming, 2006. "The legislative road to Silicon Valley," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(4), pages 596-635, October.
- Josh Lerner, 2010. "The future of public efforts to boost entrepreneurship and venture capital," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 255-264, October.
- Buzzacchi, Luigi & Scellato, Giuseppe & Ughetto, Elisa, 2013. "The investment strategies of publicly sponsored venture capital funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 707-716.
- Grilli, Luca & Murtinu, Samuele, 2014. "Government, venture capital and the growth of European high-tech entrepreneurial firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1523-1543.
- Cumming, Douglas J. & Grilli, Luca & Murtinu, Samuele, 2017. "Governmental and independent venture capital investments in Europe: A firm-level performance analysis," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 439-459.
- Bertoni, Fabio & Tykvová, Tereza, 2015. "Does governmental venture capital spur invention and innovation? Evidence from young European biotech companies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 925-935.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:12:p:2293-:d:122333 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsventure capital; government venture capital; government equity schemes; SME finance; Central and Eastern Europe;
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:has:discpr:1539. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehashu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.