Optimale Eigenfinanzierung der Personenunternehmen nach der Unternehmensteuerreform 2008/2009
Effective from 2008, Germany's top marginal income tax rate rises from 42 to 45 per cent. However, sole proprietorships and partnerships can opt for a preferential tax rate of 28.25 per cent for retained profits (§ 34a EStG-E). If they do so, profits are taxed again upon distribution. Using corporate finance tools, we analyse in detail whether or not the option is favourable. However, these tools do not suffice since the new tax regime is too complicated. Costs of capital cannot be calculated explicitly any more, but we derive exact implicit characterizations. Concrete numerical examples are also provided.
|Date of creation:||May 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Koenigsworther Platz 1, D-30167 Hannover|
Phone: (0511) 762-5350
Fax: (0511) 762-5665
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-hannover.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sorensen, Peter Birch, 1995. "Changing Views of the Corporate Income Tax," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(2), pages 279-294, June.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2010. "Allgemeine Steuerlehre," EconStor Books, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 92547.
- Kiesewetter, Dirk & Lachmund, Andreas, 2004.
"Wirkungen einer Abgeltungssteuer auf Investitionsentscheidungen und Kapitalstruktur von Unternehmen
[Effects of a flat rate tax on investment decisions and capital structure of companies]," MPRA Paper 27177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lachmund, Andreas & Kiesewetter, Dirk, 2004. "Wirkungen einer Abgeltungssteuer auf Investitionsentscheidungen und Kapitalstruktur von Unternehmen," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 278, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2007. "Die Abgeltungsteuer als Instrument der Unternehmensfinanzierung," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 686-690.
- repec:ntj:journl:v:48:y:1995:i:no._2:p:279-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- Homburg, Stefan & Houben, Henriette & Maiterth, Ralf, 2007. "Rechtsform und Finanzierung nach der Unternehmensteuerreform 2008," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 376-381.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:han:dpaper:dp-365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Heidrich, Christian)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.