The Incidence of Non-Linear Consumption Taxes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Carbonnier Cl´ement, 2014. "The incidence of non-linear consumption taxes," Научный результат. Серия «Экономические исследования», CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное автономное образовательное учреждение высшего образования «Белгородский государственный национальный исследовательский университет», issue 1, pages 5-18.
References listed on IDEAS
- Evgeny Zhelobodko & Sergey Kokovin & Mathieu Parenti & Jacques‐François Thisse, 2012.
"Monopolistic Competition: Beyond the Constant Elasticity of Substitution,"
Econometric Society, vol. 80(6), pages 2765-2784, November.
- ZHELOBODKO, Evgeny & KOKOVIN, Sergey & Parenti, Mathieu & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2012. "Monopolistic competition beyond the constant elasticity of substitution," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2488, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Evgeny Zhelobodko & Sergey Kokovin & Mathieu Parenti & Jacques Thisse, 2012. "Monopolistic competition: Beyond the constant elasticity of substitution," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/224564, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Wu, Xin-wang & Zhu, Quan-tao & Sun, Laixiang, 2012. "On equivalence between Cournot competition and the Kreps–Scheinkman game," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 116-125.
- Clément Carbonnier, 2011. "Shifting on prices of per unit and ad valorem consumption taxes," Working Papers halshs-00872477, HAL.
- Delipalla, Sophia & O'Donnell, Owen, 2001.
"Estimating tax incidence, market power and market conduct: The European cigarette industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 885-908, May.
- Sophia Delipalla & Owen O'Donnell, 1999. "Estimating Tax Incidence, Market Power and Market Conduct: The European Cigarette Industry," Studies in Economics 9901, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Carbonnier, Clement, 2007.
"Who pays sales taxes? Evidence from French VAT reforms, 1987-1999,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 1219-1229, June.
- Clément Carbonnier, 2007. "Who pays sales taxes? Evidence from French VAT reforms, 1987-1999," Post-Print hal-00813579, HAL.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Clément Carbonnier, 2011. "Shifting on prices of per unit and ad valorem consumption taxes, estimation on prices of alcoholic beverages in France," THEMA Working Papers 2011-20, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
- D. B. Suits & R. A. Musgrave, 1953. "Ad Valorem and Unit Taxes Compared," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 598-604.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jarkko Harju & Tuomas Kosonen & Oskar Nordström Skans, 2015.
"Firm Types, Price-Setting Strategies, and Consumption-Tax Incidence,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5654, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kosonen, Tuomas & Harju, Jarkko & Nordström Skans, Oskar, 2015. "Firm types, price-setting strategies, and consumption-tax incidence," Working Papers 70, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsEfficiency; Consumption taxes; Imperfect Competition; Tax Incidence; Efficiency.;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00872474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.