Pourquoi les allocations chômage décroissent-elles avec la durée du chômage? Une revue de la littérature
It is a synthesis of theoretical work explaining why the unemployment benefit is decreasing with the length of unemployment. We present various arguments in favor of degression within a single theoretical structure. We distinguish three arguments. The gradual decrease is the temporal profile best suited to reduce the disincentives to job search. Moreover, it appears as the choice politically expected because it is consistent with the preferences of the electorate majority. Finally, it presents itself as an instrument of controlling abuse of the system. Indeed, it serves to deter cheaters or those who claim to compensation even though they do not want to work.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00533849|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carl Davidson & Stephen A. Woodbury, "undated".
"The Displacement Effect of Reemployment Bonus Programs,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
cdsaw1993, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Davidson, Carl & Woodbury, Stephen A, 1993. "The Displacement Effect of Reemployment Bonus Programs," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(4), pages 575-605, October.
- Carl Davidson & Stephen A. Woodbury, 1990. "The Displacement Effect of Reemployment Bonus Programs," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 90-02, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Pierre Cahuc & Stéphane Carcillo & André Zylberberg, 2014.
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Cahuc, Pierre & Lehmann, Etienne, 2000. "Should unemployment benefits decrease with the unemployment spell?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 135-153, July.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1977. "Unemployment Insurance and Job Search Decisions," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 505-517, July.
- Wright, Randall, 1986. "The redistributive roles of unemployment insurance and the dynamics of voting," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 377-399, December.
- Holmlund, B., 1997.
"Unemployment Insurance in Theory and Practice,"
1997-25, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Holmlund, Bertil, 1997. "Unemployment Insurance in Theory and Practice," Working Paper Series 1997:25, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Holmlund, B., 1997. "Unemployment Insurance in Theory and Practice," CEPR Discussion Papers 380, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00533849. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.