Industrial Major Firms Investments in a Financialized Context
The evolution of firms' investment behavior is interpreted by heterodox theories as the resultant of the financialization of the accumulation regime. The French School of Regulation thus introduces the notion of patrimonial capitalism. The strategies of productive and financial investments, and the financing mode of these activities, respond to increased shareholder requirements on the return of invested funds. In order to check these assumptions, we have made tests on panel data, starting from a sample on big French groups, quoted in the SBF 250 Price Index.
|Date of creation:||15 Jun 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00402021v2|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mickaël Clévenot & Jacques Mazier, 2005. "Investment and rate of profit in a financial context: The French case," CEPN Working Papers hal-00188616, HAL.
- William C. Brainard & James Tobin, 1968. "Pitfalls in Financial Model-Building," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 244, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dr Martin Weale, 1999. "The Forecasting Performance of the OECD Composite Leading Indicators for France, Germany, Italy and," NIESR Discussion Papers 155, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Marc Lavoie & Wynne Godley, 2000.
"Kaleckian Models of Growth in a Stock-Flow Monetary Framework: A Neo-Kaldorian Model,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_302, Levy Economics Institute.
- Marc Lavoie & Wynne Godley, 2000. "Kaleckian Models of Growth in a Stock-Flow Monetary Framework: A Neo-Kaldorian Model," Macroeconomics 0004049, EconWPA.
- Claudio H. Dos Santos & Gennaro Zezza, 2005.
"A Simplified Stock-Flow Consistent Post-Keynesian Growth Model,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_421, Levy Economics Institute.
- Claudio Dos Santos & Gennaro Zezza, 2005. "A Simplified Stock-Flow Consistent Post-Keynesian Growth Model," Macroeconomics 0504019, EconWPA.
- David Roodman, 2003. "XTABOND2: Stata module to extend xtabond dynamic panel data estimator," Statistical Software Components S435901, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Oct 2015.
- Davidson, Paul, 1972. "Money and the Real World," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 101-15, March.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Guariglia, Alessandra & Robert E Carpenter, 2003.
"Cash flow, investment, and investment opportunities: New tests using UK panel data,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003
94, Royal Economic Society.
- Carpenter, Robert E. & Guariglia, Alessandra, 2008. "Cash flow, investment, and investment opportunities: New tests using UK panel data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1894-1906, September.
- KPODAR Kangni, 2005. "Manuel d'initiation à Stata (Version 8)," Computer Programs 0501107, EconWPA.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2004.
"Financialisation and the slowdown of accumulation,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 719-741, September.
- Jacques Mairesse & Benoît Mulkay & Bronwyn H. Hall, 2001. "Investissement des entreprises et contraintes financières en France et aux États-Unis," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 341(1), pages 67-84.
- Mickaël Clévenot & Jacques Mazier, 2005. "Investment and rate of profit in a financial context: The French case," Working Papers hal-00188616, HAL.
- Taylor, Lance, 1985. "A Stagnationist Model of Economic Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 383-403, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00402021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.