Industrial Major Firms Investments in a Financialized Context
The evolution of firms' investment behavior is interpreted by heterodox theories as the resultant of the financialization of the accumulation regime. The French School of Regulation thus introduces the notion of patrimonial capitalism. The strategies of productive and financial investments, and the financing mode of these activities, respond to increased shareholder requirements on the return of invested funds. In order to check these assumptions, we have made tests on panel data, starting from a sample on big French groups, quoted in the SBF 250 Price Index.
|Date of creation:||15 Jun 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00402021/en/|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dr Martin Weale, 1999. "The Forecasting Performance of the OECD Composite Leading Indicators for France, Germany, Italy and," NIESR Discussion Papers 187, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Marc Lavoie & Wynne Godley, 2000.
"Kaleckian Models of Growth in a Stock-Flow Monetary Framework: A Neo-Kaldorian Model,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_302, Levy Economics Institute.
- Marc Lavoie & Wynne Godley, 2000. "Kaleckian Models of Growth in a Stock-Flow Monetary Framework: A Neo-Kaldorian Model," Macroeconomics 0004049, EconWPA.
- William C. Brainard & James Tobin, 1968. "Pitfalls in Financial Model-Building," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 244, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Claudio Dos Santos & Gennaro Zezza, 2005.
"A Simplified Stock-Flow Consistent Post-Keynesian Growth Model,"
- Claudio H. Dos Santos & Gennaro Zezza, 2005. "A Simplified Stock-Flow Consistent Post-Keynesian Growth Model," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_421, Levy Economics Institute.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bond, Stephen, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 277-97, April.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- David Roodman, 2003. "XTABOND2: Stata module to extend xtabond dynamic panel data estimator," Statistical Software Components S435901, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 07 May 2015.
- Jacques Mairesse & Bronwyn H. Hall & Benoît Mulkay, 2001. "Investissement des entreprises et contraintes financières en France et aux États-Unis," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 341(1), pages 67-84.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00188616 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carpenter, Robert E. & Guariglia, Alessandra, 2008.
"Cash flow, investment, and investment opportunities: New tests using UK panel data,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1894-1906, September.
- Guariglia, Alessandra & Robert E Carpenter, 2003. "Cash flow, investment, and investment opportunities: New tests using UK panel data," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 94, Royal Economic Society.
- KPODAR Kangni, 2005. "Manuel d'initiation à Stata (Version 8)," Computer Programs 0501107, EconWPA.
- Taylor, Lance, 1985. "A Stagnationist Model of Economic Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 383-403, December.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2000.
"Financialization and the Slowdown of Accumulation,"
geewp14, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Mickaël Clévenot & Jacques Mazier, 2005. "Investment and rate of profit in a financial context: The French case," CEPN Working Papers hal-00188616, HAL.
- Davidson, Paul, 1972. "Money and the Real World," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 101-15, March.
- repec:cai:recosp:reco_p1998_49n2_0407 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00402021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.