L'ouverture commerciale de l'Algérie
Using the literature pertaining to the political economy of protection, this paper develops an analysis of the Algerian openness strategy over 1986-2012 period. It puts forward three main factors: the macroeconomic context, the sectoral interests of the main actors of the national political economy system and the intellectual context. This allows to distinguish three different periods in the Algerian trade policy: the deligitimation of protection (1986-1994), the bounded openness under the constraint imposed by international organizations (1994-1998) and the look for managed openness (1999-2011).
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00717593|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henri Bourguinat, 2005. "Le libre-échange : un paradigme en situation d'inconfort ?," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 115(5), pages 531-543.
- Baldwin, Robert E, 1989. "The Political Economy of Trade Policy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 119-35, Fall.
- Allan Drazen & Vittorio Grilli, 1990.
"The Benefits of Crises for Economic Reforms,"
NBER Working Papers
3527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Resistance to Reform: Status Quo Bias in the Presence of Individual-Specific Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1146-55, December.
- Goldstein, Judith, 1988. "Ideas, institutions, and American trade policy," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(01), pages 179-217, December.
- Douglas Nelson, 1999. "The political economy of trade policy reform: social complexity and methodological pluralism," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 3-26.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 1993. "The Political Economy of Industrial Policy in Korea," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 131-57, June.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1995. "Political economy of trade policy," Handbook of International Economics, in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1457-1494 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00717593. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.