L'ouverture commerciale de l'Algérie
Using the literature pertaining to the political economy of protection, this paper develops an analysis of the Algerian openness strategy over 1986-2012 period. It puts forward three main factors: the macroeconomic context, the sectoral interests of the main actors of the national political economy system and the intellectual context. This allows to distinguish three different periods in the Algerian trade policy: the deligitimation of protection (1986-1994), the bounded openness under the constraint imposed by international organizations (1994-1998) and the look for managed openness (1999-2011).
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Revue Tiers Monde, Presses Universitaires de France. Paris, 2012, pp.51-68|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00717593|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henri Bourguinat, 2005. "Le libre-échange : un paradigme en situation d'inconfort ?," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 115(5), pages 531-543.
- Baldwin, Robert E, 1989. "The Political Economy of Trade Policy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 119-135, Fall.
- Douglas Nelson, 1999. "The political economy of trade policy reform: social complexity and methodological pluralism," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 3-26.
- Drazen, Allan & Grilli, Vittorio, 1993.
"The Benefit of Crises for Economic Reforms,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 598-607, June.
- Allan Drazen & Vittorio Grilli, 1990. "The Benefits of Crises for Economic Reforms," NBER Working Papers 3527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Drazen, A. & Grilli, V., 1991. "The Benefits of Crisis for Economic Reforms," Papers 27-91, Tel Aviv.
- Goldstein, Judith, 1988. "Ideas, institutions, and American trade policy," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(01), pages 179-217, December.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Resistance to Reform: Status Quo Bias in the Presence of Individual-Specific Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1146-1155, December.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1995. "Political economy of trade policy," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1457-1494 Elsevier.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 1993. "The Political Economy of Industrial Policy in Korea," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 131-157, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00717593. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.