Liquidity generated by heterogeneous beliefs and costly estimations
We study the liquidity, de ned as the size of the trading volume, in a situation where an in nite number of agents with heterogeneous beliefs reach a trade-o between the cost of a precise estimation (variable depending on the agent) and the expected wealth from trading. The \true" asset price is not known and the market price is set at a level that clears the market. We show that, under some technical assumptions, the model has natural properties such as monotony of supply and demand functions with respect to the price, existence of an equilibrium and monotony with respect to the marginal cost of information. We also situate our approach within the Mean Field Games (MFG) framework of Lions and Lasry which allows to obtain an interpretation as a limit of Nash equilibrium for an in nite number of agents.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Networks and Heterogeneous Media, AIMS, 2012, 7 (2), pp.349 - 361. <10.3934/nhm.2012.7.349>|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00638966v5|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Napp, Clotilde & Jouini, Elyès, 2006. "Aggregation of Heterogeneous Beliefs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/80, Paris Dauphine University.
- Clotilde Napp & Elyès Jouini, 2006.
"Aggregation of Heterogeneous Beliefs,"
- Marco Avellaneda & Sasha Stoikov, 2008. "High-frequency trading in a limit order book," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 217-224.
- Jouini, Elyès & Napp, Clotilde, 2006. "Heterogeneous Beliefs and Asset Pricing in Discrete Time : an Analysis of Pessimism and Doubt," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/341, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jouini, Elyes & Napp, Clotilde, 2006. "Heterogeneous beliefs and asset pricing in discrete time: An analysis of pessimism and doubt," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1233-1260, July.
- Michael Gallmeyer & Burton Hollifield, 2008. "An Examination of Heterogeneous Beliefs with a Short-Sale Constraint in a Dynamic Economy," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 323-364.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00638966. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.