Liquidity generated by heterogeneous beliefs and costly estimations
We study the liquidity, de ned as the size of the trading volume, in a situation where an in nite number of agents with heterogeneous beliefs reach a trade-o between the cost of a precise estimation (variable depending on the agent) and the expected wealth from trading. The \true" asset price is not known and the market price is set at a level that clears the market. We show that, under some technical assumptions, the model has natural properties such as monotony of supply and demand functions with respect to the price, existence of an equilibrium and monotony with respect to the marginal cost of information. We also situate our approach within the Mean Field Games (MFG) framework of Lions and Lasry which allows to obtain an interpretation as a limit of Nash equilibrium for an in nite number of agents.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Networks and Heterogeneous Media, AIMS, 2012, 7 (2), pp.349 - 361. <10.3934/nhm.2012.7.349>|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00638966v5|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jouini, Elyes & Napp, Clotilde, 2006. "Heterogeneous beliefs and asset pricing in discrete time: An analysis of pessimism and doubt," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1233-1260, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/341 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/80 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Avellaneda & Sasha Stoikov, 2008. "High-frequency trading in a limit order book," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 217-224.
- Jouini, E. & Napp, C., 2006.
"Aggregation of heterogeneous beliefs,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 752-770, September.
- Michael Gallmeyer & Burton Hollifield, 2008. "An Examination of Heterogeneous Beliefs with a Short-Sale Constraint in a Dynamic Economy," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 323-364.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00638966. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.