Optimal risk sharing with background risk
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Guenter Franke & Richard Stapleton & Marti Subrahmanyam, 2004. "Background risk and the demand for state-contingent claims," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 23(2), pages 321-335, January.
- Doherty, Neil A & Schlesinger, Harris, 1983. "Optimal Insurance in Incomplete Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(6), pages 1045-1054, December.
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2002. "Optimal design of derivatives in illiquid markets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 181-188.
- Susan Athey, 2002. "Monotone Comparative Statics under Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 187-223.
- Pratt, John W & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1987. "Proper Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 143-154, January.
- Ian Jewitt, 1987. "Risk Aversion and the Choice Between Risky Prospects: The Preservation of Comparative Statics Results," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 73-85.
- Carlier, G. & Dana, R.-A., 2005. "Rearrangement inequalities in non-convex insurance models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4-5), pages 483-503, August.
- Milgrom, Paul & Shannon, Chris, 1994. "Monotone Comparative Statics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 157-180, January.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5389 is not listed on IDEAS
- Doherty, Neil A & Schlesinger, Harris, 1983. "The Optimal Deductible for an Insurance Policy When Initial Wealth Is Random," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(4), pages 555-565, October.
- Franke, Gunter & Stapleton, Richard C. & Subrahmanyam, Marti G., 1998. "Who Buys and Who Sells Options: The Role of Options in an Economy with Background Risk," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 89-109, September.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 1996.
"Changes in Background Risk and Risk-Taking Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 683-689, May.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & Christian GOLLIER & Harris SCHLESINGER, 1994. "Changes in Background Risk and Risk Taking Behavior," Working Papers 005, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1993. "Standard Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 589-611, May.
- Milgrom, Paul R & Weber, Robert J, 1982. "A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1089-1122, September.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "Some Stronger Measures of Risk Aversion in the Small and the Large with Applications," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 621-638, May.
- Elisa Luciano & Robert Kast, 2001. "A Value at Risk Approach to Background Risk," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 26(2), pages 91-115, September.
- Marti G. Subrahmanyam & Günter Franke & Richard C. Stapleton, 1998. "Who Buys and Who Sells Options: The Role and Pricing of Options in an Economy with Background Risk," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-063, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Romer, David & Williams, Steve, 1981. "Risk Aversion with Random Initial Wealth," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 911-920, June.
- Finkelshtain, Israel & Kella, Offer & Scarsini, Marco, 1999. "On risk aversion with two risks," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 239-250, March.
- Gollier, Christian & Pratt, John W, 1996. "Risk Vulnerability and the Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1109-1123, September.
- Raviv, Artur, 1979. "The Design of an Optimal Insurance Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 84-96, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario Menegatti, 2009. "Optimal saving in the presence of two risks," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 96(3), pages 277-288, April.
- Biffis, Enrico & Blake, David, 2010. "Securitizing and tranching longevity exposures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 186-197, February.
- Lu, ZhiYi & Liu, LePing & Zhang, JianYu & Meng, LiLi, 2012. "Optimal insurance under multiple sources of risk with positive dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 462-471.
- Damir Filipović & Gregor Svindland, 2008. "Optimal capital and risk allocations for law- and cash-invariant convex functions," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 423-439, July.
- Ghossoub, Mario, 2015.
"Vigilant measures of risk and the demand for contingent claims,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 27-35.
- Mario Ghossoub, 2012. "Vigilant Measures of Risk and the Demand for Contingent Claims," Discussion Papers 1555, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9738 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guenter Franke & Harris Schlesinger & Richard C. Stapleton, 2013. "Risk-Taking-Neutral Background Risk," CESifo Working Paper Series 4070, CESifo Group Munich.
- Malamud, Semyon & Rui, Huaxia & Whinston, Andrew, 2016. "Optimal reinsurance with multiple tranches," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 71-82.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:111-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michail Anthropelos & Gordan Zitkovic, 2008. "On Agents' Agreement and Partial-Equilibrium Pricing in Incomplete Markets," Papers 0803.2198, arXiv.org.
- Asimit, Alexandru V. & Badescu, Alexandru M. & Cheung, Ka Chun, 2013. "Optimal reinsurance in the presence of counterparty default risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 690-697.
- Knispel, Thomas & Laeven, Roger J.A. & Svindland, Gregor, 2016.
"Robust optimal risk sharing and risk premia in expanding pools,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 182-195.
- Thomas Knispel & Roger J. A. Laeven & Gregor Svindland, 2016. "Robust Optimal Risk Sharing and Risk Premia in Expanding Pools," Papers 1601.06979, arXiv.org.
- Liurui Deng & Traian A. Pirvu, 2016. "Multi-period investment strategies under Cumulative Prospect Theory," Papers 1608.08490, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2017.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:185-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moshe Levy & Adi Rizansky, 2014. "Market failure in the pharmaceutical industry and how it can be overcome: the CureShare mechanism," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(2), pages 143-156, March.
- Ekeland Ivar & Schachermayer Walter, 2011. "Law invariant risk measures on L∞ (ℝd)," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 28(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Zuo Quan Xu, 2018. "Quantile optimization under derivative constraint," Papers 1803.02546, arXiv.org.
- Ilenia Epifani & Rosella Nicolini, 2013. "On The Population Density Distribution Across Space: A Probabilistic Approach," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 481-510, August.
- Xu Zuo Quan & Zhou Xun Yu & Zhuang Sheng Chao, 2015. "Optimal Insurance with Rank-Dependent Utility and Increasing Indemnities," Papers 1509.04839, arXiv.org.
- Kei Fukuda & Akihiko Inoue & Yumiharu Nakano, 2007. "Optimal intertemporal risk allocation applied to insurance pricing," Papers 0711.1143, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2007.
- Beatrice Acciaio, 2007. "Optimal risk sharing with non-monotone monetary functionals," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 267-289, April.
- Tan, Ken Seng & Weng, Chengguo & Zhang, Yi, 2011. "Optimality of general reinsurance contracts under CTE risk measure," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 175-187, September.
- Ghossoub, Mario, 2011. "Monotone equimeasurable rearrangements with non-additive probabilities," MPRA Paper 37629, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Mar 2012.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:80:y:2018:i:c:p:15-28 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsInsurance; Efficient contracts; Incomplete markets; Stochastically increasing;
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00538974. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.