Critiques du Régionalisme Ouvert à partir de l'économie géographique appliquée au Mercosur
On the basis of the application of an economic geography approach to the economic integration process of Mercosur, I discuss the advantages and the limits of such a conception, pointing out the absence of certain fundamental variables that are nevertheless worth being considered in the study of the economies of the region. Indeed, the specific monetary and financial aspects are of dramatic importance in the finance-led accumulation regime that most Latin America countries experience.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Latin American Geography, University of Texas Press, 2005, 2 (4), pp.77-96|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00418506|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henry Overman, 2003.
"Can We Learn Anything from Economic Geography Proper?,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0586, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Henry G. Overman, 2004. "Can we learn anything from economic geography proper?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(5), pages 501-516, November.
- Henry G. Overman, 2004. "Can we learn anything from economic geography proper?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 599, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Henry G. Overman, 2003. "Can we learn anything from economic geography proper?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20024, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kuwayama, Mikio, 1999. "Open regionalism in Asia Pacific and Latin America: a survey of the literature," Comercio Internacional 4, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00418506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.