Models as Speech Acts: The Telling Case of Financial Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael C. Jensen, 1968. "The Performance Of Mutual Funds In The Period 1945–1964," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 389-416, May.
- Nicolas Brisset, 2016. "On Performativity: Option Theory and the Resistance of Financial Phenomena," GREDEG Working Papers 2016-31, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-01222932 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Brisset, 2016. "Economics is not always performative: some limits for performativity," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 160-184, June.
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- J. Tobin, 1958. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 65-86.
- Fabian Muniesa, 2014. "The Provoked Economy," Post-Print halshs-01113022, HAL.
- Julian Reiss, 2012. "The explanation paradox," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 43-62, March.
- Lester G. Telser, 1955. "Safety First and Hedging," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 1-16.
- Nicolas Brisset, 2015. "La construction de la finance contemporaine," Post-Print hal-01222932, HAL.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Julian Reiss, 2013. "The explanation paradox redux," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 280-292, September.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Eugene F. Fama, 1965. "Portfolio Analysis in a Stable Paretian Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(3), pages 404-419, January.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1973. "Proof That Properly Discounted Present Values of Assets Vibrate Randomly," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(2), pages 369-374, Autumn.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Holbrook Working, 1956. "New Ideas and Methods for Price Research," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 38(5), pages 1427-1436.
- repec:cup:jhisec:v:39:y:2017:i:04:p:549-569_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Nicolas Brisset, 2016. "Economics Is not Always Performative: Some Limits for Performativity," Post-Print halshs-01319693, HAL.
- Nicolas Brisset, 2017. "On Performativity: Option Theory And The Resistance Of Financial Phenomena," Post-Print halshs-01646210, HAL.
- Harry V. Roberts, 1959. "Stock‐Market “Patterns” And Financial Analysis: Methodological Suggestions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 14(1), pages 1-10, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Delcey, 2018. "Efficient Market Hypothesis, Eugene Fama and Paul Samuelson: A reevaluation," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01618347, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; financial models; pragmatics of economic modeling; speech act; performativity;
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- B26 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Financial Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gre:wpaper:2017-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrice Bougette). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/credcfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.