Municipality Budget Rules and Debt: is the Italian regulation effective?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Daniela Monacelli & Maria Grazia Pazienza & Chiara Rapallini, 2016. "Municipality Budget Rules and Debt: Is the Italian Regulation Effective?," Public Budgeting & Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 114-140, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Goodspeed, 2002. "Bailouts in a Federation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 9(4), pages 409-421, August.
- John Ashworth & Benny Geys & Bruno Heyndels, 2005. "Government Weakness and Local Public Debt Development in Flemish Municipalities," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(4), pages 395-422, August.
- Kornai, Janos, 1980.
"The Dilemmas of a Socialist Economy: The Hungarian Experience,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 147-157, June.
- Kornai, Janos, 1979. "The Dilemmas of a Socialist Economy: The Hungarian Experience," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number GLS12.
- Kornai, J, 1979. "Resource-Constrained versus Demand-Constrained Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 801-819, July.
- Wildasin, David E., 2004.
"The Institutions of Federalism: Toward an Analytical Framework,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 57(2), pages 247-272, June.
- David E. Wildasin, 2004. "The Institutions of Federalism: Toward an Analytical Framework," Public Economics 0403006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J. Kornai & E. Maskin & G. Roland., 2004.
"Understanding the Soft Budget Constraint,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 12.
- János Kornai & Eric Maskin & Gérard Roland, 2003. "Understanding the Soft Budget Constraint," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1095-1136, December.
- J. Kornai & E. Maskin & G. Roland., 2004. "Understanding the Soft Budget Constraint," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 11.
- Granof, Michael H., 1984. "A fundamental flaw of debt limitations for state and local governments," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 293-310.
- Fabrizio Balassone & Stefania Zotteri, 2001. "Il Patto di stabilità interno due anni dopo: norme più morbide, risultati più deludenti," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2001(6).
- Fabrizio Balassone & Stefania Zotteri & Daniele Franco, 2001. "Il primo anno di applicazione del Patto di stabilità interno: una valutazione," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2001(2).
- Robert Blewett, 1984. "Off-budget activities of local government: Comment," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 205-211, January.
- Per Pettersson-Lidbom, 2001. "An Empirical Investigation of the Strategic Use of Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(3), pages 570-583, June.
- Michael Marlow & David Joulfaian, 1989. "The determinants of off-budget activity of state and local governments," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 113-123, November.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:89:y:1995:i:01:p:108-120_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Ashworth & Benny Geys & Bruno Heyndels & Fanny Wille, 2014. "Competition in the political arena and local government performance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(19), pages 2264-2276, July.
- Borge, Lars-Erik, 2005. "Strong politicians, small deficits: evidence from Norwegian local governments," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 325-344, June.
- Mahdavi, Saeid & Westerlund, Joakim, 2011. "Fiscal stringency and fiscal sustainability: Panel evidence from the American state and local governments," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 953-969.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matteo Picchio & Raffaella Santolini, 2019. "Fiscal rules and budget forecast errors of Italian Municipalities," Working Papers 438, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Carlo Maria Arpaia & Pasquale Ferro & Walter Giuzio & Giorgio Ivaldi & Daniela Monacelli, 2016. "E-Government in Italy: current issues and future perspectives," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 309, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PBE-2015-01-03 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:frz:wpaper:wp2014_24.rdf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giorgio Ricchiuti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/defirit.html .