Regions, Nations and Beyond In Marshallian External Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- AnnaLee Saxenian & Charles Sabel, 2009. "The New Argonauts, Global Search and Local Institution Building," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 18 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Claude Dupuy & André Torre, 2006. "Local clusters, trust, confidence and proximity," Chapters,in: Clusters and Globalisation, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gabi Dei Ottati, 2009. "Semi-automatic and Deliberate Actions in the Evolution of Industrial Districts," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 16 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jean-Pierre Gilly & Jacques Perrat, 2006. "The institutional dynamics at work in territories: between local governance and global regulation," Chapters,in: Clusters and Globalisation, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Marco Bellandi, 2009. "External Economies, Specific Public Goods and Policies," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 50 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michael Storper, 2009. "The Economics of Context, Location and Trade: Another Great Transformation?," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tibor Scitovsky, 1954. "Two Concepts of External Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 143-143.
- Ash Amin & Patrick Cohendet, 2005. "Geographies of Knowledge Formation in Firms," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 465-486.
- Michael H. Best, 2009. "Massachusetts High Tech: A ‘Manufactory of Species’," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 46 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsExternal economies; Alfred Marshall; industrial districts; regions and nations;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:frz:wpaper:wp2009_13.rdf. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giorgio Ricchiuti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/defirit.html .