Endogenous Neighborhood Selection and the Attainment of Cooperation in a Spatial Prisoner's Dilemma Game
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jason Barr & Troy Tassier, 2010. "Endogenous Neighborhood Selection and the Attainment of Cooperation in a Spatial Prisoner’s Dilemma Game," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 35(3), pages 211-234, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jason M Barr & Troy Tassier, 2008.
"Segregation and Strategic Neighborhood Interaction,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 480-503.
- Jason Barr & Troy Tassier, 2007. "Segregation and Strategic Neighborhood Interaction," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2007-001, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Theodore C. Bergstrom, 2002. "Evolution of Social Behavior: Individual and Group Selection," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 67-88, Spring.
- Nobuyuki Hanaki & Alexander Peterhansl & Peter S. Dodds & Duncan J. Watts, 2007. "Cooperation in Evolving Social Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(7), pages 1036-1050, July.
- repec:wsi:acsxxx:v:05:y:2002:i:02n03:n:s0219525902000584 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fudenberg, Drew & Maskin, Eric, 1990. "Evolution and Cooperation in Noisy Repeated Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 274-279, May.
- Janssen, Marco A., 2008. "Evolution of cooperation in a one-shot Prisoner's Dilemma based on recognition of trustworthy and untrustworthy agents," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(3-4), pages 458-471, March.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1969. "Models of Segregation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 488-493, May.
- M.A. Nowak & K. Sigmund, 1998. "Evolution of Indirect Reciprocity by Image Scoring/ The Dynamics of Indirect Reciprocity," Working Papers ir98040, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Wilhite, Allen, 2006. "Economic Activity on Fixed Networks," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1013-1045 Elsevier.
- Ahn, T.K. & Isaac, R. Mark & Salmon, Timothy C., 2009. "Coming and going: Experiments on endogenous group sizes for excludable public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-2), pages 336-351, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Hagmann & Troy Tassier, 2014. "Endogenous Movement and Equilibrium Selection in Spatial Coordination Games," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 44(3), pages 379-395, October.
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:320:y:2018:i:c:p:621-632 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ludo Waltman & Nees Eck & Rommert Dekker & Uzay Kaymak, 2013.
"An Evolutionary Model of Price Competition Among Spatially Distributed Firms,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 42(4), pages 373-391, December.
- Waltman, L. & van Eck, N.J.P. & Dekker, R. & Kaymak, U., 2011. "An evolutionary model of price competition among spatially distributed firms," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2011-09, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsrepeated prisoner's dilemma; cooperation; agent-based economics; endogenous networks; Markov chains;
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2008-10-28 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2008-10-28 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2008-10-28 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-GTH-2008-10-28 (Game Theory)
- NEP-SOC-2008-10-28 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2008-10-28 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:frd:wpaper:dp2008-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fordham Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edforus.html .