Climate variability and maize yield in South Africa: Results from GME and MELE methods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mabiso, Athur & Weatherspoon, Dave D., 2008. "Fuel and Food Tradeoffs: A Preliminary Analysis of South African Food Consumption Patterns," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6126, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Quirino Paris, 2001. "Multicollinearity and maximum entropy estimators," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(11), pages 1-9.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Nordhaus, William D & Shaw, Daigee, 1994. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: A Ricardian Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 753-771, September.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas, 1996. "Maximum Entropy Econometrics," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Quirino Paris & Richard E. Howitt, 1998. "An Analysis of Ill-Posed Production Problems Using Maximum Entropy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 124-138.
- Sergio H. Lence & Douglas J. Miller, 1998.
"Recovering Output-Specific Inputs from Aggregate Input Data: A Generalized Cross-Entropy Approach,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 852-867.
- Lence, Sergio H. & Miller, Douglas, 1998. "Recovering Output-Specific Inputs from Aggregate Input Data: A Generalized Cross Entropy Approach," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1305, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Msangi, Siwa & Howitt, Richard E., 2006. "Estimating Disaggregate Production Functions: An Application to Northern Mexico," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21080, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Welikhe, Pauline & Essamuah-Quansah, Joseph & Boote, Kenneth & Asseng, Senthold & El Afandi, Gamal, 2016. "Impact of Climate Change on Corn Yields in Alabama," Professional Agricultural Workers Journal (PAWJ), Professional Agricultural Workers Conference, vol. 4(1).
- Phiri, Innocent Pangapanga, 2011. "Modelling farmers’ choice of adaptation strategies towards climatic and weather variability: Empirical evidence from Chikhwawa district, Southern Malawi," Research Theses 134489, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Parajuli, P.B. & Jayakody, P. & Sassenrath, G.F. & Ouyang, Y., 2016. "Assessing the impacts of climate change and tillage practices on stream flow, crop and sediment yields from the Mississippi River Basin," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 112-124.
- Pangapanga, Phiriinnocent & Thangalimodzi, Lucy Tembo, 2012. "Participation in pro poor agro based enterprises in Malawi: do households’ poverty levels change automatically?," MPRA Paper 39446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsYield function; maize; Generalized maximum entropy; Maximum entropy Leuven estimator; Climate variability; Climate change;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-01-17 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2009-01-17 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2009-01-17 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .