Food from peace: breaking the links between conflict and hunger
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dan Smith, 1994. "War, Peace and Third World Development," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1994-08, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Heggenhougen, H. K., 1995. "The epidemiology of functional apartheid and human rights abuses," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 281-284, February.
- Hoben, Allan, 1995. "Paradigms and politics: The cultural construction of environmental policy in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1007-1021, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Somlanare Romuald KINDA & Félix BADOLO, 2014.
"Climatic Variability and Food Security in Developing Countries,"
- Félix Badolo & Somlanaré Romuald Kinda, 2015. "Climatic Variability and Food Security in Developing Countries," CERDI Working papers halshs-00939247, HAL.
- Félix Badolo & Somlanaré Romuald Kinda, 2015. "Climatic Variability and Food Security in Developing Countries," Working Papers halshs-00939247, HAL.
- Norman Myers & Jennifer Kent, 2001. "Food and hunger in Sub-Saharan Africa," Environment Systems and Decisions, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 41-69, March.
- Phillip, Dayo & Nkonya, Ephraim & Pender, John L. & Oni, Omobowale Ayoola, 2009. "Constraints to increasing agricultural productivity in Nigeria: A review," NSSP working papers 6, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Derek Headey & Mohammad Alauddin & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2010. "Explaining agricultural productivity growth: an international perspective," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Fatema, Naureen & Kibriya, Shahriar, 2017. "Givers of great dinners know few enemies: The impact of household food security on micro-level communal conflict in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258482, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Erin Lin & Christine D. Sprunger & Jyhjong Hwang, 2021. "The farmer’s battlefield: traditional ecological knowledge and unexploded bombs in Cambodia," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 38(3), pages 827-837, September.
- Crosdel O. Emuedo & Michael Abam & Blessing Oligbi, 2017. "Environmental Insecurity and Erosion of Women Socio-economic Status in the Niger Delta, Nigeria," International Journal of Sciences, Office ijSciences, vol. 6(09), pages 16-28, September.
- Mary, Sébastien & Mishra, Ashok K., 2020. "Humanitarian food aid and civil conflict," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 126(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Piers Blaikie, 2000. "Development, Post-, Anti-, and Populist: A Critical Review," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 32(6), pages 1033-1050, June.
- Lai, Lawrence W.C. & Chau, K.W & Lorne, Frank T, 2019. "“Forgetting by not doing”: An institutional memory inquiry of forward planning for land production by reclamation," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 796-806.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Oshaug, Arne, 1998.
"How does the human rights perspective help to shape the food and nutrition policy research agenda?,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 329-345, October.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Oshaug, Arne, 1999. "How does the human rights perspective help to shape the food and nutrition policy research agenda?," FCND discussion papers 56, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gray, Leslie C. & Kevane, Michael, 2001. "Evolving Tenure Rights and Agricultural Intensification in Southwestern Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 573-587, April.
- Moreda, Tsegaye, 2018. "Contesting conventional wisdom on the links between land tenure security and land degradation: Evidence from Ethiopia," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 75-83.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Köhlin, Gunnar & Mekonnen, Alemu, 2004. "Contingent valuation of community plantations in Ethiopia: a look into value elicitation formats and intra-household preference variations," Working Papers in Economics 151, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Kahsay, Goytom Abraha & Kassie, Workineh Asmare & Beyene, Abebe Damte & Hansen, Lars Gårn, 2022. "Pro-environmental behavior under bundled environmental and poverty reduction goals: Empirical evidence from Ethiopia," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Beyene, Abebe D. & Bezabih, Mintewab & Gebreegziabher, Zenebe, 2012. "Contract Duration under Incomplete Land Ownership Rights: Empirical Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-12-09-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Slobodanka B. Teodosijevic, 2003. "Armed Conflicts and Food Security," Working Papers 03-11, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Brannstrom, Christian, 2001. "Conservation-with-Development Models in Brazil's Agro-Pastoral Landscapes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1345-1359, August.
- World Bank, 2007. "Determinants of the Adoption of Sustainable Land Management Practices and Their Impacts in the Ethiopian Highlands," World Bank Publications - Reports 7938, The World Bank Group.
- Yami, M. & Mekuria, Wolde, 2022. "Challenges in the governance of community-managed forests in Ethiopia: review," Papers published in Journals (Open Access), International Water Management Institute, pages 1-14(3):147.
- Smit, Hermen & Muche, Rahel & Ahlers, Rhodante & van der Zaag, Pieter, 2017. "The Political Morphology of Drainage—How Gully Formation Links to State Formation in the Choke Mountains of Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 231-244.
- John Briggs & Joanne Sharp & Hoda Yacoub & Nabila Hamed & Alan Roe, 2007. "The nature of indigenous environmental knowledge production: evidence from Bedouin communities in southern Egypt," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 239-251.
- Edward G. J. Stevenson, 2018. "Plantation Development in the Turkana Basin: The Making of a New Desert?," Land, MDPI, vol. 7(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Terah Sportel & René Véron, 2016. "Coconut Crisis in Kerala? Mainstream Narrative and Alternative Perspectives," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 47(5), pages 1051-1077, September.
- John Briggs, 2005. "The use of indigenous knowledge in development: problems and challenges," Progress in Development Studies, , vol. 5(2), pages 99-114, April.
- Kebebe, E. & Duncan, AJ & Klerkx, L. & de Boer, I.J.M. & Oosting, S.J., 2015. "Understanding socio-economic and policy constraints to dairy development in Ethiopia: A coupled functional-structural innovation systems analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 69-78.
- Ayana, Alemayehu N. & Arts, Bas & Wiersum, K. Freerk, 2018. "How environmental NGOs have influenced decision making in a ‘semi-authoritarian’ state: The case of forest policy in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 313-322.
- Albert Ayorinde Abegunde, 2017. "Accomplishment Index Analysis of the Sociophysical Activities of Community-Based Organizations in a Postconflict Area of Africa," SAGE Open, , vol. 7(2), pages 21582440177, June.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial conflict.; Hunger.; Conflict management.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:2020dp:24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.