Home Bitter Home? Gender, Living Arrangements, and the Exclusion from Home-Ownership among Older Europeans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Janet C. Gornick & Eva Sierminska & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2009. "The Income and Wealth Packages of Older Women in Cross-National Perspective," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 64(3), pages 402-414.
- Daniele Vignoli & Elena Pirani & Silvana Salvini, 2014. "Family Constellations and Life Satisfaction in Europe," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 967-986, July.
- Daniele Vignoli & Gustavo Santis, 2010. "Individual and Contextual Correlates of Economic Difficulties in Old Age in Europe," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 29(4), pages 481-501, August.
- Carmen Diana Deere & Cheryl Doss, 2006. "The Gender Asset Gap: What Do We Know And Why Does It Matter?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1-2), pages 1-50.
- Sedo, Stanley A. & Kossoudji, Sherrie, 2004. "Rooms of One’s Own: Gender, Race and Home Ownership as Wealth Accumulation in the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 1397, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Viola Angelini & Agar Brugiavini & Guglielmo Weber, 2014.
"The dynamics of homeownership among the 50+ in Europe,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(3), pages 797-823, July.
- Angelini, Viola & Brugiavini, Agar & Weber, Guglielmo, 2012. "The Dynamics of Homeownership Among the 50+ in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 8889, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dimitrios Christelis & Tullio Jappelli & Mario Padula, 2005. "Wealth and Portfolio Composition," CSEF Working Papers 132, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Viola Angelini & Agar Brugiavini & Guglielmo Weber, 2009. "Ageing and unused capacity in Europe: is there an early retirement trap?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 24, pages 463-508, July.
More about this item
KeywordsHome tenure; older Europeans; gender; living arrangement; poverty;
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2014-04-05 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2014-04-05 (Demographic Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fir:econom:wp2014_05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francesco Calvori) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Francesco Calvori to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsfirit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.