Potential competitive effects on U.S. bank credit card lending from the proposed bifurcated application of Basel II
This paper analyzes the potential competitive effects of the proposed bifurcated application of Basel II capital regulations in the United States on bank credit card lending activities. For this purpose, the authors consider the Basel II regulations as stated in the June 2004 Basel Committee Framework Agreement. ; Also issued as Payment Cards Center Discussion Paper No. 05-21 ; Superseded by Working Paper 07-09
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.philadelphiafed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.phil.frb.org/econ/wps/index.html Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark Carlson & Roberto Perli, 2004. "Profits and balance sheet developments at U.S. commercial banks in 2003," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Spr, pages 162-191.
- Gary Gorton & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2005.
"Special purpose vehicles and securitization,"
05-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 2003.
"Credit card securitization and regulatory arbitrage,"
03-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Charles Calomiris & Joseph Mason, 2004. "Credit Card Securitization and Regulatory Arbitrage," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 5-27, August.
- Sujit Chakravorti & William R. Emmons, 2001. "Who pays for credit cards?," Occasional Paper; Emerging Payments EPS-2001-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119, March.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1999.
"A Theory of Bank Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
7431, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Higgins, Eric J. & Mason, Joseph R., 2004. "What is the value of recourse to asset-backed securities? A clinical study of credit card banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 875-899, April.
- Mark Furletti, 2002. "An overview of credit card asset-backed securities," Payment Cards Center Discussion Paper 02-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Calem, Paul & Rob, Rafael, 1999. "The Impact of Capital-Based Regulation on Bank Risk-Taking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 317-352, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpwp:05-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.