Eliciting traders' knowledge in "frictionless" asset market
Intuitively, a patient trader should be able to make his trading partners compete to reveal whatever information is relevant to their transactions with him. This possibility is examined in the context of a model resembling that of Gale (1986). The main result is that, under assumptions having to do with asset structure and spanning, incentive-compatible elicitation of trading partners’ knowledge is feasible.
|Date of creation:||1991|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 90 Hennepin Avenue, P.O. Box 291, Minneapolis, MN 55480-0291|
Phone: (612) 204-5000
Web page: http://minneapolisfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.minneapolisfed.org/pubs/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ostroy, Joseph M & Starr, Ross M, 1974.
"Money and the Decentralization of Exchange,"
Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1093-1113, November.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & Ross M. Starr, 1973. "Money and the Decentralization of Exchange," UCLA Economics Working Papers 041, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & Ross M. Starr, 1973. "Money and the Decentralization of Exchange," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 349, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Wolinsky, Asher, 1987.
"Information Revelation in a Market with Pairwise Meetings,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
284, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Wolinsky, Asher, 1990. "Information Revelation in a Market with Pairwise Meetings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Edward J. Green, 1994. "Individual Level Randomness in a Nonatomic Population," GE, Growth, Math methods 9402001, EconWPA.
- McLennan, Andrew & Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1991. "Sequential Bargaining as a Noncooperative Foundation for Walrasian Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1395-1424, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedmsr:144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jannelle Ruswick)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.