Thrift institution failures: causes and policy issues
No abstract is available for this item.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1985|
|Publication status:||Published in Conference on Bank Structure and Competition (1985)|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 834, 230 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60690-0834|
Web page: http://www.chicagofed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.chicagofed.org/webpages/publications/print_publication_order_form.cfm Email: |
- Park, Sangkyun, 1995. "Market discipline by depositors: Evidence from reduced-form equations," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(35), pages 497-514.
- Asli DemirgÃ¼Ã§-Kunt, 1989. "Deposit-institution failures: a review of empirical literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 2-18.
- du Jardin, Philippe & Séverin, Eric, 2012.
"Forecasting financial failure using a Kohonen map: A comparative study to improve model stability over time,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 221(2), pages 378-396.
- du Jardin, Philippe & Severin, Eric, 2011. "Forecasting financial failure using a Kohonen map: A comparative study to improve model stability over time," MPRA Paper 39935, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Apr 2012.
- Elijah Brewer & Hesna Genay & William E. Jackson & Paula R. Worthington, 1996. "Performance and access to government guarantees: the case of small business investment companies," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Sep, pages 16-32.
- Elijah Brewer & Hesna Genay & William E. Jackson & Paula R. Worthington, 1996. "Performance and access to government guarantees: the case of small business investment companies," Proceedings 524, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Elijah Brewer, III & Hesna Genay & William E. Jackson, III & Paula R. Worthington, 1997. "A Trojan horse or the golden fleece? small business investment companies and government guarantees," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation WP-97-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Modélisation de la Prévision de Défaillance Bancaire Une Application aux Banques des Pays Emergents," Finance 0409026, EconWPA.
- Joseph Mason, 2001. "Do Lender of Last Resort Policies Matter? The Effects of Reconstruction Finance Corporation Assistance to Banks During the Great Depression," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 77-95, September.
- Yang, Z. R. & Platt, Marjorie B. & Platt, Harlan D., 1999. "Probabilistic Neural Networks in Bankruptcy Prediction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 67-74, February.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Modélisation de la Prévision de Défaillance Bancaire et Facteurs Réglementaires Une Application aux Banques des Pays Emergents," Finance 0409027, EconWPA.
- Liliana Rojas-Suarez, 2001. "Rating Banks in Emerging Markets: What Credit Rating Agencies Should Learn from Financial Indicators," Working Paper Series WP01-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt, 1991. "Principal-agent problems in commercial-bank failure decisions," Working Paper 9106, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Rungrudee Suetorsak, 2006. "Banking crisis in east asia: A micro/macro perspective," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 219-248, May.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Excess Credit Risk and Bank’s Default Risk An Application of Default Prediction’s Models to Banks from Emerging Market Economies," Finance 0409028, EconWPA.
- Sangkyun Park, 1994. "Market discipline by depositors: evidence from reduced form equations," Working Papers 1994-023, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Hwang, Dar-Yeh & Lee, Cheng F. & Liaw, K. Thomas, 1997. "Forecasting bank failures and deposit insurance premium," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 317-334.
- James Barth & Philip Bartholomew & Peter Elmer, 1997. "The value of tax benefits and the cost of liquidating versus selling failed thrift institutions," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 21(2), pages 3-11, June.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt, 1991. "On the valuation of deposit institutions," Working Paper 9104, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Arena, Marco, 2008. "Bank failures and bank fundamentals: A comparative analysis of Latin America and East Asia during the nineties using bank-level data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 299-310, February.
- Marco Arena, 2005. "Bank Failures and Bank Fundamentals: A Comparative Analysis of Latin America and East Asia during the Nineties using Bank-Level Data," Staff Working Papers 05-19, Bank of Canada.
- Brewer, Elijah III & Jackson, William III & Mondschean, Thomas S., 1996. "Risk, regulation, and S & L diversification into nontraditional assets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 723-744, May.
- Harrison, Patricia & Ragas, Wade R., 1995. "Financial variables contributing to savings and loan failures from 1980-1989," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 197-210.
- William C. Handorf & J. Minor Sachlis, 1990. "A Note on the Accounting Model for Problem Real Estate Loans," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(3), pages 381-392.
- Douglas Evanoff & Philip Bartholomew & Robert DeYoung & Cosmin Lucaci & Ronnie Phillips, 2008. "Bank Structure Conference Impact Study," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 34(2), pages 99-121, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhpr:68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed