Bretton Woods, swap lines, and the Federal Reserve’s return to intervention
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael D. Bordo & Owen F. Humpage & Anna J. Schwartz, 2011.
"U.S. Intervention During the Bretton Woods Era: 1962-1973,"
NBER Working Papers
16946, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Owen F. Humpage & Anna J. Schwartz, 2011. "U.S. intervention during the Bretton Wood Era:1962-1973," Working Paper 1108, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- B. Dianne Pauls, 1990. "U.S. exchange rate policy: Bretton Woods to present," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Nov, pages 891-908.
- Michael D. Bordo & Owen F. Humpage & Anna J. Schwartz, 2010. "U.S. Foreign-Exchange-Market Intervention and the Early Dollar Float: 1973 - 1981," NBER Working Papers 16647, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1993.
"The Bretton Woods International Monetary System: A Historical Overview,"
NBER Chapters,in: A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System: Lessons for International Monetary Reform, pages 3-108
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1992. "The Bretton Woods International Monetary System: An Historical Overview," NBER Working Papers 4033, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsBretton Woods Agreements Act ; Financial markets ; Monetary policy ; International finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-01-07 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2013-01-07 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2013-01-07 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MON-2013-01-07 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwp:1232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbclus.html .