Thirteen Things You Need to Know about Neoliberalism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peck, Jamie, 2012. "Constructions of Neoliberal Reason," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199662081.
- Burgin, Angus, 2012. "The Great Persuasion: Reinventing Free Markets since the Depression," Economics Books, Harvard University Press, number 9780674058132, Spring.
- Robert Wade, 2013. "How High Inequality Plus Neoliberal Governance Weakens Democracy," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(6), pages 5-37.
- Ben Fine, 2013. "Financialization from a Marxist Perspective," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 47-66.
- Riccardo Fiorentini, 2015. "Neoliberal Policies, Income Distribution Inequality and the Financial Crisis," Forum for Social Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(2), pages 115-132, August.
- Andrew Kliman & Shannon D. Williams, 2015. "Why ‘financialisation’ hasn’t depressed US productive investment," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 67-92.
- Yvonne Rydin, 1998. "The Enabling Local State and Urban Development: Resources, Rhetoric and Planning in East London," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(2), pages 175-191, February.
- Stavros D. Mavroudeas, 2006. "A History of Contemporary Political Economy and Postmodernism," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 499-518, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lena Lavinas, 2018. "The Collateralization of Social Policy under Financialized Capitalism," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 49(2), pages 502-517, March.
- Ben Fine & Seeraj Mohamed, 2022. "Locating Industrial Policy in Developmental Transformation: Lessons from the Past, Prospects for the Future," Working Papers 247, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Flynn, Matthew B., 2021. "Global capitalism as a societal determinant of health: A conceptual framework," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 268(C).
- Nithya Natarajan & Katherine Brickell & Laurie Parsons, 2021. "Diffuse Drivers of Modern Slavery: From Microfinance to Unfree Labour in Cambodia," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 52(2), pages 241-264, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nick Bernards, 2019. "Tracing mutations of neoliberal development governance: â€˜Fintechâ€™, failure and the politics of marketization," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 51(7), pages 1442-1459, October.
- Goddard, Jessica J. & Kallis, Giorgos & Norgaard, Richard B., 2019. "Keeping multiple antennae up: Coevolutionary foundations for methodological pluralism," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 1-1.
- Leigh Johnson, 2013. "Index Insurance and the Articulation of Risk-Bearing Subjects," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 45(11), pages 2663-2681, November.
- Jim Glassman, 2018. "Geopolitical economies of development and democratization in East Asia: Themes, concepts, and geographies," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 50(2), pages 407-415, March.
- Shimano, Norihito, 2017. "The effect of pro-shareholder income distribution on capital accumulation: evidence from Japanese non-financial firms," MPRA Paper 76830, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sikka, Prem, 2015. "The corrosive effects of neoliberalism on the UK financial crises and auditing practices: A dead-end for reforms," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-18.
- Sparke, Matthew, 2017. "Austerity and the embodiment of neoliberalism as ill-health: Towards a theory of biological sub-citizenship," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 287-295.
- Beatriz Bustos, 2015. "Moving on? Neoliberal continuities through crisis: the case of the Chilean salmon industry and the ISA virus," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 33(6), pages 1361-1375, December.
- Harald Bathelt & Sebastian Henn, 2014. "The Geographies of Knowledge Transfers over Distance: Toward a Typology," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 46(6), pages 1403-1424, June.
- Caldwell, Bruce & Montes, Leonidas, 2015. "Friedrich Hayek and his visits to Chile," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63318, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Miles Kenney-Lazar & SiuSue Mark, 2021. "Variegated transitions: Emerging forms of land and resource capitalism in Laos and Myanmar," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 53(2), pages 296-314, March.
- Andrew Lister, 2017. "Markets, desert, and reciprocity," Politics, Philosophy & Economics, , vol. 16(1), pages 47-69, February.
- Gordon MacLeod, 2013. "New Urbanism/Smart Growth in the Scottish Highlands: Mobile Policies and Post-politics in Local Development Planning," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 50(11), pages 2196-2221, August.
- Alistair Kefford, 2021. "Actually existing managerialism: Planning, politics and property development in post-1945 Britain," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 58(12), pages 2441-2455, September.
- Kolev Stefan, 2015. "Two interactive masterminds: Hayek′s fluctuating fascination for John Stuart Mill′s system of thought," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 66(1), pages 387-396, January.
- Naoise McDonagh, 2021. "Credit Guidance for a Desired Economy: An Original Institutional Economics Critique of Financialization," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 53(4), pages 675-693, December.
- Di Bucchianico, Stefano, 2019. "The Impact of Financialization on the Rate of Profit: A Discussion," Centro Sraffa Working Papers CSWP36, Centro di Ricerche e Documentazione "Piero Sraffa".
- Fikret Adaman & Yahya M. Madra, 2012. "Understanding Neoliberalism as Economization: The Case of the Ecology," Working Papers 2012/04, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Gordon MacLeod & Martin Jones, 2011. "Renewing Urban Politics," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 48(12), pages 2443-2472, September.
- Bruce Caldwell, 2020. "The Road to Serfdom after 75 Years," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 58(3), pages 720-748, September.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancialisation; neoliberalism; housing; water; capitalism;
All these keywords.
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- P1 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems
- P10 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GER-2016-07-16 (German Papers)
- NEP-HME-2016-07-16 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2016-07-16 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fes:wpaper:wpaper155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Helen Evans The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Helen Evans to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.