A Tale of Two Metrics: Research Assessment vs Recognised Excellence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sofronis Clerides & Panos Pashardes & Alexandros Polycarpou, 2011.
"Peer Review vs Metric‐based Assessment: Testing for Bias in the RAE Ratings of UK Economics Departments,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 78(311), pages 565-583, July.
- Sofronis Clerides & Panos Pashardes & Alexandros Polycarpou, 2006. "Peer Review vs Metric-Based Assessment: Testing for Bias in the RAE Ratings of UK Economics Departments," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 7-2006, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Daniel Sgroi & Andrew J. Oswald, 2013.
"How Should Peer‐review Panels Behave?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 0, pages 255-278, August.
- Sgroi, Daniel & Oswald, Andrew J., 2012. "How Should Peer-Review Panels Behave?," IZA Discussion Papers 7024, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sgroi, Daniel & Oswald, Andrew J., 2012. "How Should Peer-Review Panels Behave?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 999, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Joshua S. Gans & George B. Shepherd, 1994. "How Are the Mighty Fallen: Rejected Classic Articles by Leading Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 165-179, Winter.
- Bruno S. Frey & Margit Osterloh, 2011. "Rankings games," ECON - Working Papers 039, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- David N. Laband, 2013. "On the Use and Abuse of Economics Journal Rankings," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0, pages 223-254, August.
- Abramo, Giovanni & D'Angelo, Ciriaco Andrea & Caprasecca, Alessandro, 2009. "Allocative efficiency in public research funding: Can bibliometrics help?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 206-215, February.
- William H. Starbuck, 2005. "How Much Better Are the Most-Prestigious Journals? The Statistics of Academic Publication," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 180-200, April.
- John Hudson, 2013. "Ranking Journals," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0, pages 202-222, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2015. "The Objective Measurement of World-Leading Research," IZA Discussion Papers 8829, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephan B. Bruns & David I. Stern, 2016.
"Research assessment using early citation information,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 108(2), pages 917-935, August.
- Stephan B. Bruns & David I. Stern, 2015. "Research Assessment Using Early Citation Information," Crawford School Research Papers 1501, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esx:essedp:14461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Essex Economics Web Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edessuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.