Social Protection for Informal Workers: Insecurities, Instruments and Institutional Mechanisms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Martha & Sebstad, Jennefer & O'Connell, Lesley, 1999. "Counting the Invisible Workforce: The Case of Homebased Workers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 603-610, March.
- Elson, Diane & Cagatay, Nilufer, 2000. "The Social Content of Macroeconomic Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1347-1364, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joyita Roy Chowdhury, 2014. "Insecurities of the Workers in the Informal Enterprises: A Study of West Bengal in Comparison to Kerala," Research in Applied Economics, Macrothink Institute, vol. 6(3), pages 220-252, September.
- Maloney, William F., 2004. "Informality Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1159-1178, July.
- Harriss-White, Barbara, 2010. "Work and Wellbeing in Informal Economies: The Regulative Roles of Institutions of Identity and the State," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 170-183, February.
- Kantor, Paula, 2009. "Women's Exclusion and Unfavorable Inclusion in Informal Employment in Lucknow, India: Barriers to Voice and Livelihood Security," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 194-207, January.
- Mansour Omeira & Simel Esim & Sufyan Alissa, 2008. "Labor Governance and Economic Reform in the Middle East and North Africa: Lessons from Nordic Countries," Working Papers 436, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2008.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Protection; Informal Economy; Gender; Organisation; Economic Needs; Distributive justice; ILO; Structural adjustment programmes; Neo Liberals; UNDP; MBOs; NGOs; basic security; National Sample Survey; Peoples Security Survey; Planning Commission 2000; HUDCO; Parivartan; education; Constitution of India; Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya; Public Report on Basic Education; Primary Health Centre; SEWA; ICDS; Labour legislation; Jawahar Rozgar Yojana; Minimum Wages Act; 1948; skill security; TRYSEM;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .