Macroeconomic Policy, Growth and Income Distribution in the Brazilian Economy in the 2000s
The Brazilian economy grew by 4.2 percent annually from 2004-2010, more than double its annual growth from 1999-2003 or indeed its growth rate over the prior quarter century. This growth was accompanied by a significant reduction in poverty and extreme poverty, especially after 2005, as well as reduced inequality. This paper looks at the combination of external changes and changes in macroeconomic policy that contributed to these results.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1611 Connecticut Ave, NW Suite 400, Washington, DC 20009|
Phone: (202) 293-5380
Fax: (202) 588 1356
Web page: http://www.cepr.net/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nelson H. Barbosa Filho, 2005.
"Estimating Potential Output : a Survey of the Alternative Methods and their Applications to Brazil,"
1092, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Nelson H. Barbosa Filho, 2015. "Estimating Potential Output: a Survey of the Alternative Methods and their Applications to Brazil," Discussion Papers 0147, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Nelson H Barbosa-Filho, 2005. "Estimating potential output: a survey of the alternative methods and their applications to Brazil," Macroeconomics 0503003, EconWPA.
- Bresser Pereira,Luiz Carlos, 2010.
"Globalization and Competition,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521144537.
- Frenkel, Roberto, 2012. "Lecciones de politica macroeconómica para el desarrollo, a la luz de la experiencia del pasado decenio," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(313), pages 5-49, enero-mar.
- Alcino F. Câmara Neto & Matías Vernengo, 2006. "Monetary Integration and Dollarization: What Are the Lessons?," Chapters, in: Monetary Integration and Dollarization, chapter 15 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nelson H. Barbosa-Filho, 2009.
"Inflation Targeting in Brazil: 1999–2006,"
in: Beyond Inflation Targeting, chapter 7
Edward Elgar Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:epo:papers:2011-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.