What does it mean to say that economics is performative?
Discusses the performativity of economics and proposes theoretical directions to study it from a sociological perspective.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 60 boulevard Saint Michel, 75272 Paris cedex 06|
Phone: + 126.96.36.199.92.88
Fax: + 188.8.131.52.56.28
Web page: http://www.csi.mines-paristech.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald Mackenzie & Fabian Muniesa & Lucia Siu, 2007. "Do Economists Make Markets? On the Performativity of Economics," Post-Print halshs-00149145, HAL.
- Faulhaber, Gerald R & Baumol, William J, 1988. "Economists as Innovators: Practical Products of Theoretical Research," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 577-600, June.
- Michel Callon & Fabian Muniesa, 2005. "Economic markets as calculative collective devices," Post-Print halshs-00087477, HAL.
- Fabian Muniesa & Michel Callon, 2007. "Economic experiments and the construction of markets," Post-Print halshs-00177935, HAL.
- Michel Callon & Yuval Millo & Fabian Muniesa, 2007. "Market Devices," Post-Print halshs-00177891, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emn:wpaper:005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florence Paterson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.