What does it mean to say that economics is performative?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Donald Mackenzie & Fabian Muniesa & Lucia Siu, 2007. "Do Economists Make Markets? On the Performativity of Economics," Post-Print halshs-00149145, HAL.
- Fabian Muniesa & Michel Callon, 2007. "Economic experiments and the construction of markets," Post-Print halshs-00177935, HAL.
- Faulhaber, Gerald R & Baumol, William J, 1988. "Economists as Innovators: Practical Products of Theoretical Research," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 577-600, June.
- Michel Callon & Yuval Millo & Fabian Muniesa, 2007. "Market Devices," Post-Print halshs-00177891, HAL.
- Michel Callon & Fabian Muniesa, 2005. "Economic markets as calculative collective devices," Post-Print halshs-00087477, HAL.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The economics of designing markets, and the sociology of "civilizing" them
by Al Roth in Market Design on 2013-04-11 17:27:00
- Are markets matching Callon and Roth?
by Jose Ossandon in Charisma on 2013-04-08 13:00:58
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tribe, John & Liburd, Janne J., 2016. "The tourism knowledge system," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 44-61.
- Isabelle Huault & Hélène Rainelli-Le Montagner, 2007. "Innovations financières:construire et légitimer un nouveau marché financier de gré à gré–le cas des dérivés de crédit," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 10(1), pages 211-243, March.
- Isabelle Huault & Hélène Rainelli Le Montagner, 2007. "Innovations financières : construire et légitimer un nouveau marché financier de gré à gré," Post-Print halshs-00150768, HAL.
- Sarah Bracking, 2012. "How do Investors Value Environmental Harm/Care? Private Equity Funds, Development Finance Institutions and the Partial Financialization of Nature-based Industries," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 43(1), pages 271-293, January.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomics; economic sociology; actor-network theory; science studies;
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emn:wpaper:005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florence Paterson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/siempfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.