What does it mean to say that economics is performative?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Donald Mackenzie & Fabian Muniesa & Lucia Siu, 2007. "Do Economists Make Markets? On the Performativity of Economics," Post-Print halshs-00149145, HAL.
- Fabian Muniesa & Michel Callon, 2007. "Economic experiments and the construction of markets," Post-Print halshs-00177935, HAL.
- Faulhaber, Gerald R & Baumol, William J, 1988. "Economists as Innovators: Practical Products of Theoretical Research," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 577-600, June.
- Michel Callon & Yuval Millo & Fabian Muniesa, 2007. "Market Devices," Post-Print halshs-00177891, HAL.
- Michel Callon & Fabian Muniesa, 2005. "Economic markets as calculative collective devices," Post-Print halshs-00087477, HAL.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The economics of designing markets, and the sociology of "civilizing" them
by Al Roth in Market Design on 2013-04-11 17:27:00
- Are markets matching Callon and Roth?
by Jose Ossandon in Charisma on 2013-04-08 13:00:58
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tribe, John & Liburd, Janne J., 2016. "The tourism knowledge system," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 44-61.
- Sarah Bracking, 2012. "How do Investors Value Environmental Harm/Care? Private Equity Funds, Development Finance Institutions and the Partial Financialization of Nature-based Industries," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 43(1), pages 271-293, January.
- Isabelle Huault & Hélène Rainelli-Le Montagner, 2007. "Innovations financières:construire et légitimer un nouveau marché financier de gré à gré–le cas des dérivés de crédit," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 10(1), pages 211-243, March.
- Isabelle Huault & Hélène Rainelli Le Montagner, 2007. "Innovations financières : construire et légitimer un nouveau marché financier de gré à gré," Post-Print halshs-00150768, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomics; economic sociology; actor-network theory; science studies;
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2006-09-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2006-09-11 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emn:wpaper:005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florence Paterson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/siempfr.html .