The q-Condorcet efficiency of positional rules
According to a given quota q, a candidate a is beaten by another candidate b if at least a proportion of q individuals prefer b to a. The q-Condorcet efficiency of a voting rule is the probability that the rule selects a q-Condorcet winner (q-CW), that is any candidate who is never beaten under the q-majority. Closed form representations are obtained for the q-Condorcet efficiency of positional rules (simple and sequential) in three-candidate elections. This efficiency is significantly greater for sequential rules than for simple positional rules.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 33, boulevard du port - 95011 Cergy-Pontoise Cedex|
Phone: 33 1 34 25 60 63
Fax: 33 1 34 25 62 33
Web page: http://thema.u-cergy.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eyal Baharad & Shmuel Nitzan, 2003. "The Borda rule, Condorcet consistency and Condorcet stability," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 22(3), pages 685-688, October.
- Sébastien Courtin & Mathieu Martin & Bertrand Tchantcho, 2015.
"Positional rules and q-Condorcet consistency,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 19(3), pages 229-245, September.
- Sébastien Courtin & Mathieu Martin & Bertrand Tchantcho, 2012. "Positional rules and q-Condorcet consistency," THEMA Working Papers 2012-36, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Sebastien Courtin & Mathieu Martin & Bertrand Tchantcho, 2013. "Positional rules and q- Condorcet consistency," Working Papers hal-00914900, HAL.
- Dominique Lepelley & Ahmed Louichi & Hatem Smaoui, 2007.
"On Ehrhart polynomials and probability calculations in voting theory,"
- Dominique Lepelley & Ahmed Louichi & Hatem Smaoui, 2008. "On Ehrhart polynomials and probability calculations in voting theory," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 30(3), pages 363-383, April.
- Dominique Lepelley & Ahmed Louichi & Hatem Smaoui, 2006. "On Ehrhart Polynomials and Probability Calculations in Voting Theory," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 200610, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ema:worpap:2013-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefania Marcassa)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.