Government spending on education, human capital accumulation, taxes and growth: a multisector dynamic general equilibrium analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tiago Sequeira & Elsa Martins, 2008. "Education public financing and economic growth: an endogenous growth model versus evidence," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 361-377, September.
- Verbic, Miroslav & Majcen, Boris & Cok, Mitja, 2009. "Education and Economic Growth in Slovenia: A Dynamic General Equilibrium Approach with Endogenous Growth," MPRA Paper 17817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B., 1997. "Productive government expenditures and long-run growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 183-204, January.
- David Altig, 2001. "Simulating Fundamental Tax Reform in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 574-595, June.
- Richard Blundell & Lorraine Dearden & Costas Meghir & Barbara Sianesi, 1999. "Human capital investment: the returns from education and training to the individual, the firm and the economy," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 20(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Vladimir Kuhl Teles & Joaquim Andrade, 2008.
"Public investment in basic education and economic growth,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(4), pages 352-364, September.
- Vladimir Kühl Teles & Joaquim P. Andrade, 2004. "Public Investment In Basic Education And Economic Growth," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 040, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Teles, Vladimir Kuhl & Andrade, Joaquim Pinto de, 2010. "Public investment in basic education and economic growth," Textos para discussão 230, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Doménech Rafael & García Jose Ramón, 2002. "Optimal Taxation and Public Expenditure in a Model of Endogenous Growth," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, June.
- James Davies & John Whalley, 1991.
"Taxes and Capital Formation: How Important is Human Capital?,"
NBER Chapters,in: National Saving and Economic Performance, pages 163-200
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Davies & John Whalley, 1989. "Taxes and Capital Formation: How Important is Human Capital?," NBER Working Papers 2899, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghiglino, Christian, 2002. "Introduction to a General Equilibrium Approach to Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 1-17, July.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993.
"Fiscal policy and economic growth: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 417-458, December.
- William Easterly & Sergio Rebelo, 1993. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 4499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1994. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Annabi, Nabil & Harvey, Simon & Lan, Yu, 2011.
"Public expenditures on education, human capital and growth in Canada: An OLG model analysis,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 852-865.
- Nabil ANNABI & Simon HARVEY & Yu LAN, "undated". "Public Expenditures on Education, Human Capital and Growth in Canada: An OLG Model Analysis," EcoMod2008 23800004, EcoMod.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1992.
"A Sensitivity Analysis of Cross-Country Growth Regressions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 942-963, September.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1991. "A sensitivity analysis of cross-country growth regressions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 609, The World Bank.
- James Heckman & Lance Lockner & Christopher Taber, 1999. "Human capital formation and general equilibrium treatment effects: a study of tax and tuition policy," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 20(1), pages 25-40, March.
- World Bank, 2009. "Benin - Constraints to Growth and Potential for Diversification and Innovation : Country Economic Memorandum," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3078, The World Bank.
- Gerhard Glomm & B. Ravikumar, 1998. "Flat-Rate Taxes, Government Spending on Education, and Growth," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(1), pages 306-325, January.
- Heckman, James J, 1976. "A Life-Cycle Model of Earnings, Learning, and Consumption," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 11-44, August.
- Erin Yeldan & Ebru Voyvoda, 2000. "Financing of Public Education in a Debt Constrained Economy : Investigation of Fiscal Alternatives in an OLG Model of Endogenous Growth for Turkey," Working Papers 0013, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
More about this item
KeywordsNA; Public finance; General equilibrium modeling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ekd:002672:4540. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Theresa Leary). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecomoea.html .